Rim questions, again...

sherron82

Local time
7:55 AM
Sorry to ask so many questions but I just wanna do this right. I plan on getting some good 12 gauge rims, see screenshots below. I was asking to see if that 22 tooth single speed flywheel will fit those rims. I am gonna get the disc brake sprocket adapter and spacer so I can hook up the 36 too the sprocket directly on the rim they the 6 holes. So much easier than the hub adapter or rag joint. Thanks for your support. This forum has been such a big help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-102538.png
    Screenshot_20240207-102538.png
    391.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20240207-102505.png
    Screenshot_20240207-102505.png
    436.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240206-191329.png
    Screenshot_20240206-191329.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20240207-102735.png
    Screenshot_20240207-102735.png
    650.4 KB · Views: 35
Those freewheels work fine... but only problem is you cannot remove them without destroying them in my experience... they are once on and then done if you want to remove for some reason.

Those freewheels work fine... but only problem is you cannot remove them without destroying them in my experience... they are once on and then done if you want to remove for some reason.
One of the reasons that a lot of people grease them up so they can be eventually removed if necessary.

One of the reasons that a lot of people grease them up so they can be eventually removed if necessary.
It is not due to the fact that it seizes up. There is no tool to spin case off. The inside caging comes off when you back it off the hub and all the loose bearings fall out... tried to put it all back together and was not worth $9!

I have one of those on my bike and it was a concern before I put it on…getting it off.
The one way bearing will put it on but freewheels to back it off.

I figured a hammer and chisel would be the removal tools.

I have one of those on my bike and it was a concern before I put it on…getting it off.
The one way bearing will put it on but freewheels to back it off.

I figured a hammer and chisel would be the removal tools.
that is what I used... a punch and a hammer.

I just got the DONSP1986 rims, they came well packaged and true. Highly recommend those, the build quality is amazing for the price.
I got 26x46mm fat bike rim tape to match the wider width of the rim. I also bought 26x2.125 whitewall cruiser tires. Even though the description says it won't fit those size tires, they fit perfectly, and will clear most frames. You'll also need a single speed chain, tensioner and freewheel.
All the products I'm going to be using are listed here:
Rim tape
Tires and tubes
Tensioner
Chain
Freewheel
edit: here's those rims and tires on my bike, minus the rear
WIN_20240207_13_18_36_Pro.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Mine has 2 little dimples 180* apart on the inner ring but they’re no where deep enough to get any sort of tool in to grab it.

Back