Spreading rear bike frame (steel)

Al Regresar

Local time
3:18 AM
It’s nice to have an unusually strong friend around to help you stretch out the rear frame for modified rear wheel accommodation.

Attachments

• A339F0CB-9F36-480E-BE41-10E62DFAC9EC.jpeg
    A339F0CB-9F36-480E-BE41-10E62DFAC9EC.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 74
It’s nice to have an unusually strong friend around to help you stretch out the rear frame for modified rear wheel accommodation.
This is what I use to stretch out the rear frame on my Hyper beach cruiser...that "rope" you see is actually parachute rip cord from the AFB that I chose because you can't break it under this kind of pressure applied.

You just rap the rip cord around the left side of the rear frame where it drops down to as close to the mag hub as you can get and loop it over the movable part of the Dewalt clamping tool which you can see I reversed the direction of the trigger movable part...As the stationary end is braced against the other side of the rear frame, you just keep pulling the trigger and the rip cord pulls the left side of the frame for me so I can place my mag rim into the drop downs.

(The tool itself is too long in between the rubber pads to fit in between both sides of the rear frame, hence my use of parachute rip cord)

Of course, the mag has to be in position in the wheel well area and this device fits in between the three spokes area in order to do this, I doubt you would be able to use this method with conventional spoke rims.

I also have to use an additional axle nut screwed down on the left side to where it meets the wheel itself with the flat side of the nut facing the dropout so that when I release the pressure off the Dewalt tool, the 203mm disk brake rotor will have clearance enough to not come in contact with the frame...You must also use the 36 tooth sprocket for caliper clearance.

DSCN0378.JPG

This is what I use to stretch out the rear frame on my Hyper beach cruiser...that "rope" you see is actually parachute rip cord from the AFB that I chose because you can't break it under this kind of pressure applied.

You just rap the rip cord around the left side of the rear frame where it drops down to as close to the mag hub as you can get and loop it over the movable part of the Dewalt clamping tool which you can see I reversed the direction of the trigger movable part...As the stationary end is braced against the other side of the rear frame, you just keep pulling the trigger and the rip cord pulls the left side of the frame for me so I can place my mag rim into the drop downs.

(The tool itself is too long in between the rubber pads to fit in between both sides of the rear frame, hence my use of parachute rip cord)

Of course, the mag has to be in position in the wheel well area and this device fits in between the three spokes area in order to do this, I doubt you would be able to use this method with conventional spoke rims.

I also have to use an additional axle nut screwed down on the left side to where it meets the wheel itself with the flat side of the nut facing the dropout so that when I release the pressure off the Dewalt tool, the disk brake rotor will have clearance enough to not come in contact with the frame.

View attachment 195220
I'm really tired right now and my brain just doesn't see.how this works 🤣

I'm really tired right now and my brain just doesn't see.how this works 🤣
I'm not tearing my bike all apart again to show ya from scratch, I just now took these pics tonight for you and I think the pics below should give ya the general idea of how it works, and it works beautifully too...lol.

DSCN0379.JPG

DSCN0380.JPG

Back