Stretching frame to fit rear tire. Aligning back tire correctly between frams

OrionSphere

Local time
6:05 AM
I am using bar clamps to stretch my frame. Easy enough. I can't seem to align my rear wheel in between the "thingies".
20240313_175733~2.jpg

My chain isn't rolling onto my sprocket right. It clicks and the chain tensioner fixes it but I'd rather not have that problem.

I'm definitely using too many spacers.
20240313_175747.jpg

Woah Nelly!

You're gonna want this, it will put the sprocket where it needs to be.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Woah Nelly!

You're gonna want this, it will put the sprocket where it needs to be.
You realise that he doesn't need that...Right???...His 3 spoke mag wheels come already with disk installed.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For the sake of knowing what you’re referencing and then allowing others to make help suggestions…
The “pipes” have names….

I spread mine close as close to the seat tube as I could with the wheel on. This made it where I didn’t have the drop outs so far out.

Attachments

• IMG_6228.jpg
    IMG_6228.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 19
You realise that he doesn't need that...Right???...His 3 spoke mag wheels come already with disk installed.
Yeah, but it looks like that sprocket is way too far out, I'd have to be there to see the chain alignment.

Plus he couldn't stack a brake rotor like that.

If he needs that much stretch, I would say that puts his axles under a lot of stress, personally I wouldn't ride like that especially because I'm a fatass.

For the sake of knowing what you’re referencing and then allowing others to make help suggestions…
The “pipes” have names….

I spread mine close as close to the seat tube as I could with the wheel on. This made it where I didn’t have the drop outs so far out.

OrionSphere problem should be easily solved when he gets a set of tires the same brand and size as mine.​

He is following my tutorial and wants to build his just like mine...My bike and accessories were pre-measured for exact fit on what I did, almost any deviation from what I used will cause problems in things being able to fit properly.

Yeah, but it looks like that sprocket is way too far out, I'd have to be there to see the chain alignment.

If he needs that much stretch, I would say that puts his axles under a lot of stress, personally I wouldn't ride like that especially because I'm a fatass.
I have already warned him to take out the extra three axle nuts, they will not do him any favours.

Back