Something new

ShOtTaLk2AZ

Local time
1:37 AM
New builder to the scene. Main reason is well, life happens and lets just say, this is my way to work and back. I bought this off Craigslist for $75. Put a few bucks into. Regular maintenance things. I'm 5'3 and riding on a 26" Diamondback Sorrento is not the best for some one my stature, so I'm going to say, screw the norm and hellooo custom. I've seen a few but not too many online or YouTube but I'm going to attempt to build a 24" mountain without bike with a lesser v shape frame. Engine fits just need to tap the frame a bit and possibly heat up the lower tube to fit the front mount flush that or cut into it a bit. It really doesn't look to challenging. It's been done before.. video of what I'm leaning towards. Screw it. It'll work. I got this! 🫡✊🏻💪

20230813_122430.jpg
20230813_122454.jpg
20230813_122507.jpg
20230813_122523.jpg
20230721_144534.jpg

Attached are pictures of my diamondback and the granite peak that I'm building. (Hopefully)

New builder to the scene. Main reason is well, life happens and lets just say, this is my way to work and back. I bought this off Craigslist for $75. Put a few bucks into. Regular maintenance things. I'm 5'3 and riding on a 26" Diamondback Sorrento is not the best for some one my stature, so I'm going to say, screw the norm and hellooo custom. I've seen a few but not too many online or YouTube but I'm going to attempt to build a 24" mountain without bike with a lesser v shape frame. Engine fits just need to tap the frame a bit and possibly heat up the lower tube to fit the front mount flush that or cut into it a bit. It really doesn't look to challenging. It's been done before.. video of what I'm leaning towards. Screw it. It'll work. I got this! 🫡✊🏻💪

View attachment 197218View attachment 197219View attachment 197220View attachment 197221View attachment 197222

Attached are pictures of my diamondback and the granite peak that I'm building. (Hopefully)

His speed calculations sounds a little far fetched. To do 32 mph on 24" wheels using a 44t rear sprocket means the engine would have to be turning 8086 rpm. This is believable. However to do 40 mph with that setup would require the engine to turn 10,107 rpm. Simple jetting isn't going to get that speed for you.

The 35 mph rpm guess of 9000 was close; it'd take 8844 rpm to do it.

You should also realize frame size has absolutely nothing to do with wheel size. This calculator will tell you what the ideal frame geometry would be if you could have a custom frame built for your particular body measurements. So for comfort and safety you should look for a manufactured frame that's as close as possible to your ideal frame geometry.

Nice build! I have fairly short legs too, so it was a struggle finding a decent frame that git me. I started on a huffy Newport and when the frame got damaged I swapped to the cranbrook. The Newport was surprisingly tall and I could only put my toes on the ground. The cranbrook fits me much better and I can set my feet flat on the ground now.

Here's my old bike, the Newport
20230423_122133.jpg

And Here's my current bike, the cranbrook
20230706_142815.jpg

Nice build! I have fairly short legs too, so it was a struggle finding a decent frame that git me. I started on a huffy Newport and when the frame got damaged I swapped to the cranbrook. The Newport was surprisingly tall and I could only put my toes on the ground. The cranbrook fits me much better and I can set my feet flat on the ground now.

Here's my old bike, the Newport
View attachment 197229
And Here's my current bike, the cranbrook
View attachment 197228
When are you gonna take the vestigial pedals off? Right now they're like a snake's legs.

Back