So who here has been pulled over on a MB?

Congratulations to all the legal riders. Judging by the response to this thread TSL10 and RS 68 are working perfectly. No one has been pulled over and who knows the Drunks are now afraid to ride and hurt others and themselves. What a totally great development in our hobby. Cheers!

I don't know where you live but if it is in the State of Florida you can be legal. That is the beauty of friendly Motorbicycle States.

Well that is too bad. Maybe Bone Head and Dougster can join you as they like it illegal. LOL! seriously sorry to hear it.

Prior to RS68 I was building & selling a few MB's, nothing big, just maybe 1 or 2 a month...After RS68 nobody is buying....I sold a few just to supplement my SS income since I'm almost 70 yrs old now....So now I'm gonna sign up for an Obama phone, Obama food stamps, Section 8 housing, and take my SS money and buy me a bottle of whiskey....and maybe even cigs... Now you see how goverment interference works when a stupid law is passed..Oh but, I don't drink & I don't smoke...

Prior to RS68 I was building & selling a few MB's, nothing big, just maybe 1 or 2 a month...After RS68 nobody is buying....I sold a few just to supplement my SS income since I'm almost 70 yrs old now....So now I'm gonna sign up for an Obama phone, Obama food stamps, Section 8 housing, and take my SS money and buy me a bottle of whiskey....and maybe even cigs... Now you see how goverment interference works when a stupid law is passed..Oh but, I don't drink & I don't smoke...

The following is pertinent to Florida..

Nothing is stopping you from building and selling them... As a matter of fact, you should be able to sell more now that there are distinct guidelines to follow and people can register them easily and you can charge more and make more profit..

Now, if people who are buying them, don't have a license, start building up an electric bicycle business instead.
You can buy the electric kits for under $200 and sell them for as big of a profit as you were selling the gas kits for..
Just tell them to buy their own batteries..
A set of 3-12v 20ah batteries can be purchased for under $100 (ebay) and will give people at least a 20 mile range... More if they pedal...
Fully legal for those without a DL and MUCH better than dealing with the old "gray area" of the law where they might get into trouble, not only saves money in the long term (an electric bicycle in less then 6 months, costs less then gas - even quicker if they buy better batteries, up front) but also stops any hassles with having to deal with Johnnie Law.

Back