Expectations are getting out of hand

I made an ice pick outta a screwdriver, sharpened it on the disc sander, It's a real good poker

I also bent a Craftsman flat head screwdriver, I was using it as a pry bar :LOL:
"Craftsman lifetime warranty" I took it back to the store and got a free new one

I made an ice pick outta a screwdriver, sharpened it on the disc sander, It's a real good poker

I also bent a Craftsman flat head screwdriver, I was using it as a pry bar :LOL:
"Craftsman lifetime warranty" I took it back to the store and got a free new one
I made an air bag renoval tool with a scre driver once. Worked great, especially since the real deal was over 100 bucks

Does not own tools, not even a screwdriver, but works at Harbour Freight???...OK fine...lol...lol.
This made me chuckle because when I asked if he had hex keys, he initially said yes. When I began providing instructions on accessing the flower nut, that's when he said "I don't own hex keys" I stated "I thought you said you did" he then said "I thought you meant at the store"

can't make this up

My bike will only do 30 mph on level ground and goes as slow as 8 mph up 30% grade hills. I've been on highways where the speed limit is 55 mph but with no minimum speed limit. Because I use proper cycling techniques I've never felt like I was going to get ran over from behind.

Be alert/aware.
Be seen.
Be predictable.
Communicate.

In crashes between 4 or more wheeled vehicles and 2 wheeled vehicles where the driver of the 4 or more is at fault 90% of the time it's a side swipe. Rarely is it a hit from behind unless the cyclist suddenly cut in front of a vehicle. This is why Lane Contol works and riding to the far right in standard or narrow lanes shouldn't be done. If there's a minimum speed limit on a highway then you need a vehicle that can maintain that limit.

Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

Im a huge advocate against hugging the edge of the road when riding.
I used to follow that philosophy and you know what changed my outlook.
I had cars constantly wanting to pass me without even changing lanes, just come flying by close enough they almost clip me with their mirror. That's just plain dangerous, especially when you don't know they're coming.
What if you get caught off guard and instinctively jerk away, wrecking your bike in traffic.
Now a days i take possession of my lane . I have as much right to the road as anybody. Rather in a car, on a moped, or on MB period.

Im a huge advocate against hugging the edge of the road when riding.
I used to follow that philosophy and you know what changed my outlook.
I had cars constantly wanting to pass me without even changing lanes, just come flying by close enough they almost clip me with their mirror. That's just plain dangerous, especially when you don't know they're coming.
What if you get caught off guard and instinctively jerk away, wrecking your bike in traffic.
Now a days i take possession of my lane . I have as much right to the road as anybody. Rather in a car, on a moped, or on MB period.
I had a friend who rode on major highways often and had the same issue with people passing so close he could touch them. His solution, though I wouldn't personally advise it, was to slam his fist into the car (he wore armored MC gloves when he rode). One day he slammed his fist into a pickup passing him stupid close. Driver intentionally crashed him and called the cops because he dented his truck (he thought he was in the right). Cops arrested the driver of the pickup with a laundry list of charges including - reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to harm, road rage, unsafe passing, unsafe lane change, driving without insurance, and a few others. I was there for part of the argument the pickup driver had with the officer, and as he was arguing with the cop mid arrest the cop basically said "If you were close enough for him to punch and dent your truck, you were way too close and in the wrong." Cop was practicing zero tolerance with this dude lol.

No real point here, just sharing a memory you dug up from my brain lol.

I had a friend who rode on major highways often and had the same issue with people passing so close he could touch them. His solution, though I wouldn't personally advise it, was to slam his fist into the car (he wore armored MC gloves when he rode). One day he slammed his fist into a pickup passing him stupid close. Driver intentionally crashed him and called the cops because he dented his truck (he thought he was in the right). Cops arrested the driver of the pickup with a laundry list of charges including - reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to harm, road rage, unsafe passing, unsafe lane change, driving without insurance, and a few others. I was there for part of the argument the pickup driver had with the officer, and as he was arguing with the cop mid arrest the cop basically said "If you were close enough for him to punch and dent your truck, you were way too close and in the wrong." Cop was practicing zero tolerance with this dude lol.

No real point here, just sharing a memory you dug up from my brain lol.
Sounds like the officer was indeed correct.

Back