Tires Serfas Drifter tires...

I don't care about channeling water. It's impossible for our bikes to go fast enough to hydroplane. All other things being equal, a slick tire gives better traction on paved surfaces than a treaded tire, and it can't hydroplane. (At 50 psi, the bike would have to be going over 80 MPH to hydroplane.)

I may not even carry spare tubes on the recumbent.

It's raining, so the test ride is hours away, but I just got through pulling off the old steel wheel, mounted the Serfas Drifter on the Weinmann 12 g. alloy wheel.

(2) rubber spokeend gaskets and (5) layers of electric tape on the inside.

Pyramid punctureproof tube AND tire liner.

Then the Serfas.

I reckon I have this thing 50-100 mils thick.

Bonus, when I aired it up, the heftier set up was much lighter than the steel wheel I just took off.

The serfas drifter tire looks very similar to the Continental Town & Country. I've been running the continental on the rear, and it's worked out nicely. Wears very well, and has good traction.

Agreed. I use T&C 2.1's. They're fantastic and work with my friction drive well. Very stable.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll try them some other time. They look like Conti Town Countries, which I like.

I'm using Geaux Roadster 1.5 kevlar belted slicks with a "reverse tread' pattern like tioga city slickers a little.

Back