Rough First Day

Flipping the sprocket will only take you 15 minutes....long minutes for sure, but it's not that bad.

I had the same problem on my military bike, but the sprocket was already on the right way....I added a couple washers inside the frame and all is well.

Bikeguy Joe hit it on the head flip the sproket......it go wheel building skill for ya 8)

Great adive all of you. The chain works perfect now. Only thing is now it will not start. I wrote a new post "rough first week" explaining it all, any advice im all ears. By the way feel free to call ask me for my email and i will give you my number. Sometimes i can explain things better in words than in typing.

:D :D

As I am Deaf, I would have to call via,,,TTY/TDD and its back to typing again! (for me). So, check that you have spark first. If you will take the air cleaner off and look into the carb, then move the choke lever you will see where it has to be to be "open" and "closed". with the lever up it is closed (choke on) and lever down it is open (choke off). Go ahead and verify this for yourself so it makes more sense to you. Hope this helps.

Papa

pull the plug boot off, jam your little finger up into the boot while your pedaling. you should get a little shock. no, it doesnt hurt
OR this method works in the dark, unscrew plug and keep it in the boot, then while your pedaling, touch the botom of plug to frame or motor...you should see a spark
Happy :mrgreen:

The "pinky method" will only confirm juice to the plug cap/wire.

Remove the plug, and put it back in the plug cap. Make sure it is grounded to the engine as CDI's can be ruined by turning the engine over without the plug being grounded. Have a helper turn the rear wheel while tipping the bike up on the side stand, or if no helper walk the bike while holding the plug to the cylinder.

Avoid bright sunlight. Shade will work.

Back