Next 2 stroke build idea.

This would be a cool build with an igh. This may be a build I might take on in the future, especially if there is an example to help.
The mounting of the engine will be the biggest hurdle. Mount the jackshaft through the bottom bracket and that will be inline with the rear wheel.

Here's a five speed with a drum brake built into a 700c wheel. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3868331895...jmq7wgurws&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Only missing a shifter and here are the options: grip twist, thumbie and a rapid fire trigger shifter

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The mounting of the engine will be the biggest hurdle. Mount the jackshaft through the bottom bracket and that will be inline with the rear wheel.

Here's a five speed with a drum brake built into a 700c wheel. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3868331895...jmq7wgurws&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Only missing a shifter and here are the options: grip twist, thumbie and a rapid fire trigger shifter

Mounting the engine will be simple. There are several ways to utilize the cast in mount points on the engine to mount it to a frame that don't require welding. My idea was to create a mount sled with slotted holes that also mount said 3 speed IGH with it's own adjustment so that both chains can be tensioned independently. Since the IGH I want to run can be driven and drive from one side, there is no need to use it as the rear wheel hub. I want the wheel to remain a basic bike wheel. The only thing I will really lose will be rear disc brakes, unless I use a frame or create a mount that sits between the dropouts, and thus runs free of any chain interference, like many modern dirt bike frames.

I honestly think one of these will be my next build too. If I can't get my hands on a decent priced whizzer engine that is. Maybe I could also build a steel tank frame from scratch too 🤔

I think you should look into a saw top end for your e start bt80. Or you could run a water cooled cylinder on it with an electric pump.
I've thought about it, but I haven't been able to find any clutch upgrades. I do plan to do a little bit of upgrading on it. I just like building stuff too, so the more custom it is, the fnner it is to build

Back