New HP carburetor won't work well

Arminask

Local time
12:48 PM
Hello, i recently buyed a new HP carburetor. Its very hard to start the bike, you have to pedal it to 20kmh, to run, it accelarates very slow, and not running at idle, Also, there is 3 pipes going from carburetor, what should I do with them? There is no issues with the old carburetor. Help me please.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
The pic is at a bad angle, to be perfectly sure, but they all look like tuning vent tubes — Bowl, Jet, and Throat. Unless you’re going to be doing some serious fuel level or flow adjustments, or large and constant altitude variations (which, in Lithuania, I wouldn’t know), they’re not going to be of much value. Not sure what you’re currently running, or why you chose this particular carb, but there’s not much info on it. Bundle them all up, point them up (vertical), and see which show fuel and at which levels — That’ll help identify which may be capped off, and/or which may still need to be “snubbed” and left to atmosphere? Someone knowledgeable in tuning flows should be able to answer more.

The pic is at a bad angle, to be perfectly sure, but they all look like tuning vent tubes — Bowl, Jet, and Throat. Unless you’re going to be doing some serious fuel level or flow adjustments, or large and constant altitude variations (which, in Lithuania, I wouldn’t know), they’re not going to be of much value. Not sure what you’re currently running, or why you chose this particular carb, but there’s not much info on it. Bundle them all up, point them up (vertical), and see which show fuel and at which levels — That’ll help identify which may be capped off, and/or which may still need to be “snubbed” and left to atmosphere? Someone knowledgeable in tuning flows should be able to answer more.
That tube, near drain plug, it leaks gas of it.

I would plug them all. These are the sources of your no-idle and hard-start problems. If you don’t have the balancing systems requiring these ports, they are simply leaks.

Fuel in, overflow, oil injection. Plug oil injection line. It's the small one. These CNS carbs are hard to tune. Older one's had a idle circuit adjustment screw where that brass plug is. Yours may be fixed. StreetRyderzs use to use them with success, but he is a much more patient man than I. The best thing I found to use these for is targets for shooting practice.

Last edited:
Fuel in, overflow, oil injection. Plug oil injection line. It's the small one. These CNS carbs are hard to tune. Older one's had a idle circuit adjustment screw where that brass plug is. Yours may be fixed. StreetRyderzs use to use them with success, but he is a much more patient man than I. The best thing I found to use these for is targets for shooting practice.
So like oil injection means, that I can connect an oil tank to the carburetor and I don't need to mix gas with oil? ;D I really don't understand those things.

Back