Carby Fitting PWK on stock intake?

If you have more jets change the pilot jet to less and see if that gets rid of the 4 stroking?

If you have more jets change the pilot jet to less and see if that gets rid of the 4 stroking?
The smallest pilot jet I have ever found for a PWK was a 30. Pilot jets also don't greatly affect fueling past 1/4 throttle. 1/2- 3/4 throttle is a function of needle height, taper, and diameter. 3/4-full is mostly the main jet.

Before i blocked it it was 4 stroking past half throttle.
I am assuming this is a cheaper PWK clone from Amazon or similar. Pretty common problem for them to not really work poperly. That Power Jet shouldn't even be adding fuel until you are basically at WOT.

The smallest pilot jet I have ever found for a PWK was a 30. Pilot jets also don't greatly affect fueling past 1/4 throttle. 1/2- 3/4 throttle is a function of needle height, taper, and diameter. 3/4-full is mostly the main jet.

I'm running a PWK 21mm on a Minarelli however you need atleast a 19mm carb manifold for this engine. regular 2 stroke mods should be ok with 16mm correct? Get a PZ16 clone. They'll work. Keihin is the original manfucature. I have three sets of jets that I know work. I'll post a set too you if you pay postage.
carb: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pz16&s=exact-aware-popularity-rank&crid=13WNT2V537T6L&qid=1709210513&sprefix=pz16,aps,179&ref=sr_st_exact-aware-popularity-rank&ds=v1:jhC3x1T68U1ymEdsIXPr4mLNHHZYEbN3hNCX3g1Q65Y

From what I've also read 14mm is a powerloss which is the standard carb size for more engine kits, 16mm is golden. I'm only basing off experience of what I've also used on a China Doll that did work. This came off a Wildcat PK80. As for the jet sizes. Clueless. But theese take the smaller mm jets. I think they're 4mm thread.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm running a PWK 21mm on a Minarelli however you need atleast a 19mm carb manifold for this engine. regular 2 stroke mods should be ok with 16mm correct? Get a PZ16 clone. They'll work. Keihin is the original manfucature. I have three sets of jets that I know work. I'll post a set too you if you pay postage.
carb: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pz16&s=exact-aware-popularity-rank&crid=13WNT2V537T6L&qid=1709210513&sprefix=pz16,aps,179&ref=sr_st_exact-aware-popularity-rank&ds=v1:jhC3x1T68U1ymEdsIXPr4mLNHHZYEbN3hNCX3g1Q65Y

From what I've also read 14mm is a powerloss which is the standard carb size for more engine kits, 16mm is golden. I'm only basing off experience of what I've also used on a China Doll that did work. This came off a Wildcat PK80. As for the jet sizes. Clueless. But theese take the smaller mm jets. I think they're 4mm thread.

I am curious if you meant to quote somebody else, because I don't have either engine in question and what you quoted from me had no quetions in it and was just a statement in response to the person I quoted. Nor was I ever debating carb sizes...

Also, stating X carb size is a power loss is too general. You would be surprised how much power a 14mm carb can support. The pairing of a specific engine, it's ports/power band, etc all play a role. You can have two engines of the same size with ideal carb sizes that are completely different.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back