new bgf 80cc clutch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! I am glad that you got it all worked out.
The glazing of the friction pads due to weak spring pressure makes alot of sense. Good looking out!:geek:

well im back after a couple of days of starting the dang clutch pads are slipping again. I have been doing some looking around and i had a few questions for anyone... the motor i got on this second build is a slant head style could this be an issue im guessing there is more compression on this new motor because i can woop the heck out of my other bike and that one has a like 2k miles on it. this slant head is just eating up my clutch pads. Has anyone tried the pull start for the ht engines and if so got a guide on how to install them. also i was thinking if i put a diff head on it i will loose a coule mph but i might just get the right compression so i can peddle start the **** thing. any thought would be great

Your clutch is slipping again?
I am beginning to suspect that something may be warped in your clutch assembly.
The slant head is a higher compression design that other heads.
Pull starts are easy to install. Bear in mind that you will need either a wide crank kit or the ability to bend your existing cranks.
Some folks do not like the pull start on a high compression engine. They can be a real booger to pull.
Something with that engine is definitely weird, other folks do not have nearly the problems that you are experiencing with a slant head engine.
Perhaps you accidentally got a 4 HP prototype?:D

As far as experimenting with the compression, and lowering it, just add a head gasket..one at a time, unless you have a spare laying around. My 80 came with two head gaskets installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back