Engine Trouble Need advice

Thanks fellas....definitely should have done more homework than just their brochure instructions..... I had to shave the fins to get wrench around head bolts to tighten, tho now I'm pretty sure it is warped.....I'm still on first 16:1 mixture batch but it's very rich, lots of buildup on sparkplug ; haven't changed needle positioning, trying to be patient..... But I am noticing fuel coming out the air inlet.....still sputtering with throttle but sounding better

That sputter will clog the air filter no doubt. Try a new clean sparkplug (you can hit the one you have with a mapp gas torch and burn the carbon out) or try cleaning with wire brush and small files carefully.

Is the carb jet snug? Why haven't you touched your needle setting yet? If it's the problem then maybe fixing it would fix the problem?

Really a dirty plug will make things worse, as it gets worse it doesn't spark right or simply can't and that can make the motor behave rich when it's not, as it misses more often it gets dirtier and more blocked up.

Tune your carb by doing plug chops. If you don't know what a plug chop is then search with the search bar on the site.

You will want more than 1 clean plug of the same type made for your motor. Could be you are just using the wrong plug and with that comes every problem in the book and then some.

Back