Motorized bike build

Is it recommended to bump the ring up on this part
?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-10 11.19.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-10 11.19.20 PM.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 15

In this video the speaker says there must be a gap between the two halves of the sprocket adapter, I'm wondering if this is due to mismeasuring the hub and ordering the wrong size sprocket adapter?

I'm wondering what sized sprocket adapter I'd need for the Hyper Cruiser, I was told it was a 1.5", but I want to make sure there is the gap that is described in the video

In this video the speaker says there must be a gap between the two halves of the sprocket adapter, I'm wondering if this is due to mismeasuring the hub and ordering the wrong size sprocket adapter?

I'm wondering what sized sprocket adapter I'd need for the Hyper Cruiser, I was told it was a 1.5", but I want to make sure there is the gap that is described in the video

It has to do with some adapters are not machined properly. The reason you want a gap is that so the two halves clamp the hub with the right amount of pressure. If you touch the two halves together you will see that they don't make a circle. Cheap or badly made adapters will make a perfect circle when touched together, meaning they aren't actually clamping on to the hub. Both are made for the same size hub, but one had the half circle machined out as a perfect half circle, the other offset the hole center outside of the centerline, thus creating the gap needed to allow it to clamp on.

I understand why a gap is wanted, but did not know that some adapters are not properly machined. Where can I get an adapter/sprocket that doesn't require machine work for the Hyper Cruiser?

If I have to sand down the surface, what grit sandpaper would be best?

I understand why a gap is wanted, but did not know that some adapters are not properly machined. Where can I get an adapter/sprocket that doesn't require machine work for the Hyper Cruiser?

If I have to sand down the surface, what grit sandpaper would be best?
What size do you need?

I'm not sure? Do I need to measure the hub with a caliper and go a mm smaller than the diameter of the hub or something?

Going to go with the Hyper Cruiser, 44t sprocket, if that helps
You would need to measure the hub diameter inside the spokes, or search to see if anybody else has done so. If it measures 1.5 inch, order 1.5 inch.

The CDHPower adapters are good. I ran one one my bike before changing wheels to a disc brake hub style wheel. They are a little more expensive than some of the others, but they are machined properly. I can't speak for any others.

Back