Motor won't sit still

newhobby

Local time
5:23 PM
17095850774092096371907227473423.jpg
i need help again guys and lots of it lol. Every time I ride it seems like it falls apart. My mounts have stripped and one has broken. I'm using hose clamps to help hold it in place. It's my only transportation I don't wanna destroy it...

You will need to use a tap and retap the mount holes to use a lerger bolt or a threaded insert. Blue loctite is a good idea on those motor mounts.

You will need to use a tap and retap the mount holes to use a lerger bolt or a threaded insert. Blue loctite is a good idea on those motor mounts.
So is it something like a u shaped exhaust mount or something I can buy that will fit this size or do I need to make something?

Your front tube looks bigger and oval shape yeah?

Something like that should have come with your kit.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So is it something like a u shaped exhaust mount or something I can buy that will fit this size or do I need to make something?
Look for something called helicoil for the threads, and an exaust clamp of the proper diameter would probably work good for a new front clamp

So the the thing about the mounts that came with it is I don't have them. I was in addiction when my wife got this gift for me and long story short I've been in recovery for awhile now and I got it running but had to improvise on some parts...

So the the thing about the mounts that came with it is I don't have them. I was in addiction when my wife got this gift for me and long story short I've been in recovery for awhile now and I got it running but had to improvise on some parts...
Well it's good to here you are doing better, this will definitely keep your mind and hands occupied.

This is the stock parts assuming you have an engine with 8mm bolts.

You can helicoil the threads, kits are about $15, or you can buy a new case for $26, there is a lot of work involved replacing the case, so be aware.

If you need it to work right now and are short on cash, you can either screw them in with wire stuffed in the side of the holes or JB-weld them in. NOTE! this is the wrong way to do things but it depends in your situation.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
the best way to fix this is gonna cost you a bit. Did the bolt holes strip or just rattle out?

Back