Mooncool Motorized Trike

I have a drum type brake that works good. I backed off my front brake because it was too easy to use too hard. You can see it thru my motor mount on the picture. Do you have a thumb throttle on yours or a turn grip?

Thank you very much for that info and on the schwinn meridian I had it on 20 mph was more than enough except in any traffic. The bike you have it on looks way sturdier than the meridian. and probably could handle it better
What kind of back brake does it have cause the one on the schwinn is a major flaw and its what makes it scarier at speeds. I am relying on the front brake tremendously.
Not sure what the brake I have is called but its kinda like a drum brake oh and I am 59

Attachments

• 20230804_145134.jpg
    20230804_145134.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 72
I would feel safer on a 2 wheel bike because the roads here are arched and you have to do some major leaning on a trike to keep from the tipping feeling. Its not a little arched its arched enough that the sidewalks will flood with water in a heavy rain but not the streets
This bike would steer you into the ditch off the crown of the road until I put the motor on it. It doesn't anymore. I have a 2 wheel motor bike also that goes 20mph. But you have to pedal it of of stops and that gets old. I agree it is a problem.

I think it would really help with stability to have both wheels driving
Honestly the crown of the road tended to pull it into the curb until I put the motor on. The pedal side is not built tough enough to handle the torque of the motor, now if I get stuck in sand or anything pedaling while running the motor gives me 2 wheel drive if I need it. They are tough enough to turn as they are so I don't know if you would be able to turn too well with both wheels powered. I am not sure on that one, I think something may need to freewheel on one side to make a decent corner. Just guessing. I built it so it could be removed with six bolts and drilled no holes into the frame to mount anything other than sturdying up the fender mount. You gave me something to think on......

I think it would really help with stability to have both wheels driving
Only if you use a differential will it be any better. As is on the bike right now its prone the flipping when the drive wheel is to the inside of a curve. With a slip differential the majority of the power will stay to the outside of a curve.

Does your back brake actually stop you or just sort of slows you down? sure looks like the same brake I have
It stops me but two things here, one... I am used to coasting in to stops because my town is tiny that I live in and one of my cars is a Prius. I drive the Trike like the Prius. Second I am going only 11 to 12 mph on the straights. BTW my other car is a 1970 Javelin SST with a 343, headers, racing cam, traction bars, etc.

Back