CVT questions

Great idea but I do not think there is enough space to do this on the OCC frame. I was thinking about the jackshaft plate that bolts onto the engine. A compact unit. I could swap out the gears to create a custom ratio, I think. Thanks for the idea Jerry.
You could also mount the jackshaft behind the seat post instead of in front of it. I would recommend a cover be placed over the JS.

Having never ridden one, how much, if any, compression braking do you get with a CVT ?
My HuaSheng with a T-belt trans will almost bring me to a stop without using my brakes.
Can I expect this with a CVT ?

I finished stripping the OCC frame today and ground off all the unnecessary protrusions.
Beautiful day for working outside, but rain's in the forecast.

Having never ridden one, how much, if any, compression braking do you get with a CVT ?
My HuaSheng with a T-belt trans will almost bring me to a stop without using my brakes.
Can I expect this with a CVT ?

I finished stripping the OCC frame today and ground off all the unnecessary protrusions.
Beautiful day for working outside, but rain's in the forecast.
You won't get any engine braking with a CVT. Once you let off the gas, the clutch then freewheels and doesn't have any effect on the rear wheel.

Back