Mooncool Motorized Trike

Your a brave, brave guy because mine is geared low, low and it is scary. even 30mph is insane on these. Your not steering anything at that speed just hoping you don't hit a pot hole.
Its not just potholes it pebbles or a piece of sand, Not brave it would be more like insane buts thats why I used the throttle stop screw to restrict speed

What is your top speed with the gears you have on there? On my 79 I could only get to 15 mph with 44 tooth sprocket right to the 10 or 11 tooth on the clutch. That was until I removed the governor rejetted the carb and added an exhaust but still only got to 20 mph.
20 mph was good but not in any traffic trying to get into a turn lane or anywhere out of bike lane so that's the reason I put on the 212 on.
Pretty sure the speed limit around the small town I live in is 30 mph max or slower and with the power of the 212 I have no problems with lanes changes anymore:)
One more thing what does an elephant in the room mean?

"It is a metaphorical idiom in English for an important or enormous topic, question, or controversial issue that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discuss because it makes at least some of them uncomfortable and is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous. The metaphorical elephant represents an obvious problem or difficult situation that people do not want to talk about."

"It is a metaphorical idiom in English for an important or enormous topic, question, or controversial issue that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discuss because it makes at least some of them uncomfortable and is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous. The metaphorical elephant represents an obvious problem or difficult situation that people do not want to talk about."
Huh I did not know

What is your top speed with the gears you have on there? On my 79 I could only get to 15 mph with 44 tooth sprocket right to the 10 or 11 tooth on the clutch. That was until I removed the governor rejetted the carb and added an exhaust but still only got to 20 mph.
20 mph was good but not in any traffic trying to get into a turn lane or anywhere out of bike lane so that's the reason I put on the 212 on.
Pretty sure the speed limit around the small town I live in is 30 mph max or slower and with the power of the 212 I have no problems with lanes changes anymore:)
I have it set up to do 11 mph. I made it for my wife who is 74 could ride it. It is easy to change that up with some gear swaps, I have an 8 on the clutch going to a 36 on the jackshaft, on the output of the jackshaft I have a 9 going to a 56 on the wheel. I think if ends up being 24 to one. I used a online calculator and it was dead on. It would go faster if the governor would let it. It has a crazy amount of torque. No pedaling no matter what the hill at a start. Now that it looks like it will be mine I am going to maybe change out the gear from a 9 to something bigger, I think I can handle 20mph on it. I am 62.

Attachments

• 20230811_092621.jpg
    20230811_092621.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 55
Thank you very much for that info and on the schwinn meridian I had it on 20 mph was more than enough except in any traffic. The bike you have it on looks way sturdier than the meridian. and probably could handle it better
What kind of back brake does it have cause the one on the schwinn is a major flaw and its what makes it scarier at speeds. I am relying on the front brake tremendously.
Not sure what the brake I have is called but its kinda like a drum brake oh and I am 59

I think I can handle 20mph on it. I am 62.
I'm 68 and handle speeds on my 2 wheel bike much faster than that...lol...It has the Phantom 85 2 stroke motor on it...lol.

I regularly cruise at 30 to 35 MPH everywhere I go with an occasional 40 to 45 when I am on the main drag of town with a 45 MPH speed limit but it is capable of at least 51+ MPH that I know of....lol.

Age is not a "governor"...lol.

Attachments

• DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0230.JPG
    DSCN0230.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0227.JPG
    DSCN0227.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 52
I'm 68 and handle speeds on my 2 wheel bike much faster than that...lol...It has the Phantom 85 2 stroke motor on it...lol.

I regularly cruise at 30 to 35 MPH everywhere I go with an occasional 40 to 45 when I am on the main drag of town with a 45 MPH speed limit but it is capable of at least 51+ MPH that I know of....lol.

Age is not a "governor"...lol.
This thread is about trikes, stop trying to hijack this thread to show off your bike 😆

I would feel safer on a 2 wheel bike because the roads here are arched and you have to do some major leaning on a trike to keep from the tipping feeling. Its not a little arched its arched enough that the sidewalks will flood with water in a heavy rain but not the streets

Back