Will a PZ19 carb fit a 79cc Predator ??

michael whiteman

Local time
4:13 AM
Is the bolt spacing on a PZ19 the same as the carb studs on a 79cc Predator? or will I have to buy a custom manifold to make it fit. I looked inside my stock carb today and was totally surprised at how small the venturi area is. Adding that to the fact the throttle cable is a real challenge has made me consider a change. Thanks for your wisdom and guidance.

I don't know for sure. If I have some time tomorrow I will take some measurements and look around. If not you can use a welder and some large washers to make an intake manifold.

Thanks Gordy, but not necessary. Got the measurements off the internet and will compare them to the predator. What concerns me is the PZ19 bore is not centered on the bolt holes. I'm sure this will be a mismatch. we can talk about it when you call me. Chance of snow tonight at 31*. Rain and nasty Sunday. m

Thanks Gordy, but not necessary. Got the measurements off the internet and will compare them to the predator. What concerns me is the PZ19 bore is not centered on the bolt holes. I'm sure this will be a mismatch. we can talk about it when you call me. Chance of snow tonight at 31*. Rain and nasty Sunday. m
I'm not sure on the 79cc but for the 196/212 type engines there is an adapter. For my little chopper I made custom intake manifold so I could mount the engine vertical.

The same applies to the 79cc Chainlube. There is a big difference in stud spacing. The bore of the PZ19 is not centered on the studs as one would expect. Wonder what's up with that design? Bottom line: must use an adapter if you plan to do this conversion.

Looks like I'm really cheaping out. Should be here on the 7th. I'll let you know what is up.
Yours has a manifold, that is a nice touch.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You'll need a manifold. The PZ19 is not a direct replacement. Affordable Go-Karts has a DIY kit but it's sold out. You might find one cheaper..........good luck. I felt the kit I found is a better deal price wise for all the pieces it has. You'll need to get them anyway.

This is the one I made for the chopper. I took the carb off to check another engine.

Attachments

• 20240204_135434.jpg
    20240204_135434.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 36
Back