I'm Back!

toojung2die

Local time
11:34 PM
I built my first motor bicycle about ten years ago. I got lots of help and advice here. It was a 60's vintage Western Auto Galaxy Flyer with a motor from Bike Berry. I welded the front motor mount. I had a lot of fun using it to cruise the weekend yard sales so the paperboy baskets were useful. I made the exhaust from EMT.

IMG_1763.JPG

I sold the Galaxy Flyer a few years ago when I moved east from Nevada. Now I'm retired and live in a private community in North Carolina that allows golf carts, ATVs and other OHV in the neighborhood. I miss riding the old Galaxy Flyer so I'm building my second motor bike. I picked up a dirt cheap Murray Monterey at a flea market. Here's the build so far.

IMG_3456 crop.jpg

The front motor mount is welded. This new motor has a lot less vibration at WOT than the first bike motor had. When all the bugs are worked out and I'm sure it's reliable it will get taken apart, painted and reassembled with fenders and whatever gadgets it needs.

The front motor mount is welded. This new motor has a lot less vibration at WOT than the first bike motor had. When all the bugs are worked out and I'm sure it's reliable it will get taken apart, painted and reassembled with fenders and whatever gadgets it needs.
Good to have you back again, im also old and retired...lol...Here are some pics of my bike if it helps giving you any ideas...DAMIEN

Ps...This link will also show you where i got everything and pretty much how i did it...Just follow the links in the link provided to get an overall viewpoint...The baskets are from Walmart the are supposed to be front handlebar baskets but fit nicely on rear carrier and the 360 degree low profile air filter is from sick bike parts.

IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg
Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

Yes, its extremely comfortable...lol...Totally reliable as well, i have not even had one single nut or bolt come loose...Lockwashers and blue Locktite are your friends...lol...This was a totally planned out build from the ground up, knowing exactly each and every item that was going to go on it.

I now have over 1000 miles on this as we speak...My last bike was built on a Huffy Cranbrook but the frame broke after 5 years and 6000 miles, hence the reason why i went to the better built Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruiser frame...DAMIEN

I built my first motor bicycle about ten years ago. I got lots of help and advice here. It was a 60's vintage Western Auto Galaxy Flyer with a motor from Bike Berry. I welded the front motor mount. I had a lot of fun using it to cruise the weekend yard sales so the paperboy baskets were useful. I made the exhaust from EMT.

View attachment 162305

I sold the Galaxy Flyer a few years ago when I moved east from Nevada. Now I'm retired and live in a private community in North Carolina that allows golf carts, ATVs and other OHV in the neighborhood. I miss riding the old Galaxy Flyer so I'm building my second motor bike. I picked up a dirt cheap Murray Monterey at a flea market. Here's the build so far.

View attachment 162306

Welcome back to the old men reliving our youth with motors on bikes, just like in our youth( the bike styles). lol

I like the white walls. What kind are they?

Did you stuff a toss away shop towel in your muffler? lol You afraid she is going to mark her territory? ;)

Welcome back to the old men reliving our youth with motors on bikes, just like in our youth( the bike styles). lol

I like the white walls. What kind are they?

Did you stuff a toss away shop towel in your muffler? lol You afraid she is going to mark her territory? ;)
You're exactly right. As a boy I imagined what it would be like to have a motor on my bicycle. It's just as much fun as I imagined. The white walls were bought on Amazon. The original tires were white wall but now I'd rather have black tires. The white walls are a pain to keep clean. That is a bit of blue shop towel stuffed in the exhaust. It ran extremely rich at first and dripped oil all over the workshop. The carb is tuned better now.

Attachments

• Whitewalls.jpg
    Whitewalls.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 86
You're exactly right. As a boy I imagined what it would be like to have a motor on my bicycle. It's just as much fun as I imagined. The white walls were bought on Amazon. The original tires were white wall but now I'd rather have black tires. The white walls are a pain to keep clean. That is a bit of blue shop towel stuffed in the exhaust. It ran extremely rich at first and dripped oil all over the workshop. The carb is tuned better now.
Thank you good sir or ma'am.

Back