HOW TO: DIY Compact Air Filter

YetiWoodz

Local time
10:14 PM
How to modify your stock air filter to make it more compact and increase air flow using basic tools and fine wire mesh.

Yeti, I think you should have some other filter medium in between the two screens. Fine dust can still pass through those.

If I do decide to filter it more, is there some really thin stuff I can use that will filter out the dust but doesn't lose effectiveness when it gets covered in some oil spitting out the carb and doesn't noticeably restrict the airflow?

If I do decide to filter it more, is there some really thin stuff I can use that will filter out the dust but doesn't lose effectiveness when it gets covered in some oil spitting out the carb and doesn't noticeably restrict the airflow?
Steal a pair of mums pantyhose and a couple layers should do it.

I havent used an air filter in over a year. I use a velocity stack on my carb and thats it. I also don't ride in the rain or in dusty conditions or any of that and haven't had any issues. I also use a sleeved jug and inspect the internals on a regular basis.
K&N makes a spray on oil for there filters or you can just use wd-40. Depending on how much air the filter flows you may have to rejet the carb as well

Back