Another Staton F/D

fivestar45

Local time
6:14 PM
Not sure this is the right place, feel free to move as needed.
This ii my pretty basic Zenoah powered Staton F/D build. I started with a aluminum framed 26" wheeled Mongoose bought from Craigs List. It turned out to need more T L C than I originally thought, chain, derailers, shifters, tires and a set of Kool Stop brake shoes. I had a Kurtland drop bar bag from years back so I modified the mount to fit. The Zenoah run's great, it's dead nuts reliable. I've been feeding it VP non ethanol mixed with Amsoil Saber @ 60-70:1. I did make a few basic changes to it. I swapped the muffler to one with a down discharge and added a small piece of silicon tube to drop it a bit. This actually made it acceptably quiet. The fuel tank was a little on the small side so I added a 1.5L GoPed tank. The only other motor related change was the air filter. To Me, the small foam air filter was designed more around packaging concerns than performance. So, I worked in an O E M Stihl chain saw air filter which required one of those cheap Chi/Com velocity stacks. My intent was to just make the motor run as smooth as possible, rather than to up the H/P significantly. I figured a more powerful grinder for my rear tire wouldn't be in my best interest. And So, here are a few pic's.
If anyone has any suggestions for improvements I'm all ears

It belongs in the "Friction Drive" section. A staff member may move it if you don't know how.

An adjustable tension suspension seat post with the spring seat can take you to the next level of comfort

Looks good! Some lights and a right side mirror would be nice. Maybe a frame bag.
Thanks
I don't use it at night, but I did add a bright led blinker to the rear. I have a second mirror so I'll give it a try. For Me, getting a leg around a frame bag might make mounting the bike a bigger chore, so far all that's in the bar bag is a spare spark plug and a few tools so still some space there.

Thanks
I don't use it at night, but I did add a bright led blinker to the rear. I have a second mirror so I'll give it a try. For Me, getting a leg around a frame bag might make mounting the bike a bigger chore, so far all that's in the bar bag is a spare spark plug and a few tools so still some space there.
You can get a bag for inside the triangle of the frame.

It belongs in the "Friction Drive" section. A staff member may move it if you don't know how.

An adjustable tension suspension seat post with the spring seat can take you to the next level of comfort
Sorry, I don't know how to move my post. I would appreciate a mod placing it where it should be.

Back