GEBE exhaust / muffler mod

ok here goes

this is wicked,silicone tubing.you can do anything with this stuff!get double walled hose clamps they tighten all the way around a circumference .the silicone tube i got withstands 600 degrees and hasnt even coloured total price with 4 clamps was 10 bucks 1 ft of tubing.

Attachments

• stuff 009.jpg
    stuff 009.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 412
  • stuff 010.jpg
    stuff 010.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 405
  • stuff 011.jpg
    stuff 011.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 414
That's cool BEAST. Spent an evening looking for silicone tube at the usual retailers. ( Home depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply, Pep Boys ) Don't waste your time.......nobody has it. I'll have to shop online I guess. Is the ID 1/2" on that blue tubing?

ya its not easy to find

i got mine at a shop out of town hydraulic fitting place,but went to about 4 shops before i was tipped off by a chap who puts in turbos in boats.ya its half inch outer diameter it squishes easy though.

Tube Mater

Is the tubing plain silicone, or is it silicone with woven reinforcement?

The Dave's Discount Motors source I used, from above, has various types. I just wish to avoid having it fall off and into traffic, wheel spokes or find melted silicone running over bike. I prefer the 600 degree limit over the 500 at Dave's.

I tried mine out and had to ditch it for today.

I bent a 4" piece of 3/4" O.D. silicone tubing around a 90-degree bend. ,,,,
I started out riding and noticed that even after a couple minutes the engine didn't seem to have much power and it wouldn't rev as high as usual, and I also realized that I forgot a certain tool, so I went back home for that and saw the folded silicone muffler tube when I got off the bike.
The silicone tubing was quite stiff and it appeared to bend smoothly when cold, but when it got hot it got softer and instead of bending smoothly it had folded flat in one spot, restricting the engine's exhaust.

If you use straight tubing, you could try wrapping a wire spring of the right size and stiffness around the bend, or wherever you use the silicone tubing you could just make sure it doesn't bend very much.
~

silicone tubing

the silicone tube i got didnt say if it was woven or not but good for a continuos rating of 600 degrees?i fit a plumbers elbow in the exhaust exit then jammed the silicone tubing over the elbow,i always use double sided hose clamps they tighten all the way around a circumfrence you couldnt pull apart my fittings if you tried.you must use a plumbers elbow in the exhaust exit then straight from where it bends.i havent noticed anything with my silicone tube but i have it fairly rigid mounted between points.i drove wide open almost for 2.5 hrs the other day and noticed nothing i did look inside the silicone tube and noticed it was harder the liner inside from exhaust,ive got 6 hrs on mine and nothing yet,maybe it will become brittle or melt?but at 6.00 a ft im not worried 1nce a year?hhhmm:???:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tube Material

Jemma, if the tube has woven material, it will have textured surface and may show ends of weave???

I take it your clamps are the kind that screw-down and are SS, as in pics above?

I'll go back and check Dave's site and maybe buy two hose types.

It is getting cold now and have loads of time, if not fishing and warming me toes by fire and insides with good brandy or cognac. Hate riding in cold winds. Need heat and sun. Going to be long winter.

Jemma, if the tube has woven material, it will have textured surface and may show ends of weave???

I take it your clamps are the kind that screw-down and are SS, as in pics above?

I'll go back and check Dave's site and maybe buy two hose types.

It is getting cold now and have loads of time, if not fishing and warming me toes by fire and insides with good brandy or cognac. Hate riding in cold winds. Need heat and sun. Going to be long winter.

Mine was friction fitted and worked well like that. Unfortunately my bike was stolen this last sunday... which really didnt help matters what with the other things that have been going on.

I am *hoping* that I will get it covered on insurance - not holding out massive amounts of hope though

Jemma xx

Stolen Bike

How terrible.

I wonder how someone could be so dumb to steal it and how easy it will be to find it, being so few of such bikes around?

Good luck to you. Bad luck on the thief, much bad luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back