Extreme rattling when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like you to post where you bought them from, a real grubee just wouldn't come to you like that, either it's a reputable source going rancid, or it's a source that's not an actual grubee supplier.
No they don't, and there is only a couple dealers with the real deal.
Bicycle-engines is one of them
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2-Stroke-Engine-Kits/

If you bought what you are talking about elsewhere then you bought a fake as everything I get is frigg'n perfect every time and why I just use them.

not a damaged gasket there, just the factory exposing the threads of that hole & oil making it around and around the threads till it gets out - same happens under mag coil if mag isn't sitting flush over all 4 holes for its bolts when they are drilled all the way into the case
I suppose what your saying is a possible cause, but it wasn't so in this case. It was the gaskets, and by replacing the gaskets the problem was solved. I still have two more to do.
Those I have completed run very well and have no issues other than the poor gasket install. I don't mind replacing a gasket at a $ 70.00 savings. Here you can see that the threads are not exposed to the inside of the crank case other than a small portion of the gasket being missing between where I have marked.

Some day everyone will understand that buying a cheap engine kit is only cheap to start with, then it's frustrating and costly to continually repair.
That's why I only buy quality kits like Skyhawks, sure it's more $ to start with, but that's all you'll spend so you can spend more time riding than trying 'fix' a POS engine.

Just my advice guys, you can build for reliability, or build to tinker.
The last time I needed to repair my nongrubee was many months ago, I think it was still warm outside, the retaining pin dropped out of my piston, same crankcase and crank and head for more than a year now... 6 months is what I usually get from a piston and cylinder.

I have seen some really bad quality motors though and the really noticeable thing is the weight, the cheap ones really do feel lighter and even look cheaper.

I suppose what your saying is a possible cause, but it wasn't so in this case. It was the gaskets, and by replacing the gaskets the problem was solved. I still have two more to do.
Those I have completed run very well and have no issues other than the poor gasket install. I don't mind replacing a gasket at a $ 70.00 savings. Here you can see that the threads are not exposed to the inside of the crank case other than a small portion of the gasket being missing between where I have marked.
The ol' rip the extra gasket material off trick, really professional, who'd you buy it from?

I would like you to post where you bought them from, a real Grubee just wouldn't come to you like that, either it's a reputable source going rancid, or it's a source that's not an actual Grubee supplier.
We have gone through this once already but it's been a while so what the hell. The supplier was out of Canada. He was a authorized Grubee supplier. Does this look like a fake. Seriously guys I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
One more thing guys. I consider this prob. with the grubee engines a fluke, just as I consider the gasket prob. with the other engines a fluke. Sky is blue, water is wet, mistakes happen. No one is above them, so I would not think that considering this supplier, as you put it Frankie having "gone rancid" would be the right course. I file it under s**t happens.

As we follow the design changes that have occurred over the years for these engines grubee has always been the innovator then the others use up the older style castings or parts that grubee doesnt want any more until depleted then they have to follow suit and use the redesigned pieces or use their own manufacturer to keep producing the older stlye like zeda is currently doing!

Is that Canadian supplier the only one that supplies that style crankcase?
No. Bicycle engines.com also have this style crankcase on their skyhawks. the motor has a offest at the front mount area. You can see how it extends past the case on the right side to allow for a very large down tube. They also have 8mm mounting bolts which to me is a great upgrade.

No. Bicycle engines.com also have this style crankcase on their skyhawks. the motor has a offest at the front mount area. You can see how it extends past the case on the right side to allow for a very large down tube. They also have 8mm mounting bolts which to me is a great upgrade.
Ah OK, i thought it was interesting, are the rear bolts also 8mm? Like if installing a jackshaft would you need to drill larger holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back