Engine tuning help, cdi, and gear cassette

Sloppyslopster

Local time
5:10 AM
Hi, I made a thread a while ago talking about some issue that I've been having with a bike that I was building and I got somewhere with it but I eventually gave up on it out of frustration, but I'd like to return to it now and give it another crack. The 3 (Kinda 4) main issue I'm having is 1. My bike just will not idle 2. My cdi I guess just decided to stop working all of a sudden, and 3. my bike makes this horrible clunking noise when I start it and give it throttle which comes from the chain alignment (Thankfully).

So my main questions are:
1. What can I do to make my bike idle (maybe running too rich? Can't find any jets for a 21mm that are smaller than #30) (and because it only starts when I give it throttle and it will die if I come to a stop)
2. Do you guys recommend where I can get a good quality cdi because all the amazon ones I've bought don't work and I bought a bbr stage 2 cdi that just crapped out on me without explanation.
3. Any 6 speed cassettes that are just screw on and don't have a snap ring of sorts. Need a 6 speed because my 7 speed is too wide and causes the wheel to be too far to the left without the cassette rubing against the frame.
4 (Sorta). Brakes but I might be able to add the front disc caliper soon but ill add this if its needed.

Thanks for any help.

Order a spark plug wire and see if that cdi works after. People have been having lots of bum spark plug wires lately. Can you post a picture of your alignment in the rear so we can see what is going on with the cassette?

Order a spark plug wire and see if that cdi works after. People have been having lots of bum spark plug wires lately. Can you post a picture of your alignment in the rear so we can see what is going on with the cassette?
Here you are. The picture of the chain, it's hard to see, but if you look close the chain cuts in from the left on a slight angle. And the gear cassette is literally barely clearing the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_4942.jpg
    IMG_4942.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4944.jpg
    IMG_4944.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 58
I'm not trying to put you down. When asking for help it, one should know what they're asking about. You don't have a cassette. What you have is a 7 speed freewheel and you're wanting to replace it with a 6 speed freewheel.

I'm not trying to put you down. When asking for help it, one should know what they're asking about. You don't have a cassette. What you have is a 7 speed freewheel and you're wanting to replace it with a 6 speed freewheel.

Oh yeah sorry about that I knew there were two different kinds just forgot the names of them. Realized this when I tried taking the old 6 speed cassette off my old bike and using it to replace the 7 speed freewheel I have on now. Thanks for reminding me.

@DAMIEN1307 has a handy way to stretch the frame. (Remember, if the ladies don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy)
YEP, I sure do...lol...STEEL frame only, NOT aluminum...lol.

(Remember, if the ladies don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy)

Back