Engine rattle

Smithy2130

Local time
9:58 PM
Hi I’m new to motorised bikes I bought an engine about a month ago and it’s always had a rattle when you let off the throttle any ideas what it could be?

I can easily do 40 up the foothills of the mountains I'm surrounded by with my 36 tooth 26 inch tires beachcruiser with a Phantom 85...This is no big whoop whoop around here, quite a few of us are able to do this on a regular basis...lol.
Damien I know you said you did a pull of 50Mph I want to see one good solid pull 50+

I can easily do 40 up the foothills of the mountains I'm surrounded by with my 36 tooth 26 inch tires beachcruiser with a Phantom 85...This is no big whoop whoop around here, quite a few of us are able to do this on a regular basis...lol.
I'll slap a 26 tooth sprocket on my bike and I've only put $120 into my build and some elbow grease and redneck engineering, I'll even pay for you to come on up here to Missouri, line it up we'll race. In fact I'll guarantee if I put a jack shaft on my bike and make a double reduction gear system I'm confident that I could clear 50 miles an hour without the piston leaving the chat, I DECLARE WE ALL LINE UP, washburn Missouri. 1500ft above sea level. Jet your carbs, drop your tire pressure, swap your clutch pads and let's RACE!!! 🙃

What engine/modifications?
100cc standard china engine, stock pistons rods rings and internals nothing fancy, BBR tuning 26in mag wheels, 23mm carburetor, somewhat mild porting, just cleaning the castings up and blending the intake port and matching up all the gaskets to the block(free power), then I chopped the exhaust pipe just before the muffler and crimped the end down some for back pressure to help maintain healthy idle and mid range-top end power, air scoop because why not? it runs fat without it lol, and a BR8ES NGK plug, and tightened squish gap. And I matched the stock exhaust pipe to the same shape as the exhaust port and cleaned up the welds to smooth out airflow. But trial and error mostly, it's just a 100$ motor off ebay

Back