Engine rattle

Smithy2130

Local time
5:25 PM
Hi I’m new to motorised bikes I bought an engine about a month ago and it’s always had a rattle when you let off the throttle any ideas what it could be?

Hi I’m new to motorised bikes I bought an engine about a month ago and it’s always had a rattle when you let off the throttle any ideas what it could be?
Without knowing what engine you're talking about, it would just be a wild guess. My guess; poorly adjusted clutch plate.

Hi thanks for all the replies it’s a cheap eBay engine as it all you can get here in the uk the noise seems to be coming from inside the engine I was thinking maybe small end bearing? But if you take the exhaust off and rock it back and foward there doesn’t seem to be any play everything seems to be tight I don’t know what else to check

Hi thanks for all the replies it’s a cheap eBay engine as it all you can get here in the uk the noise seems to be coming from inside the engine I was thinking maybe small end bearing? But if you take the exhaust off and rock it back and foward there doesn’t seem to be any play everything seems to be tight I don’t know what else to check
Might be a 49cc, those are junk...
Take off the head and measure the piston, is it 4 cm (40mm) or 4.7cm (47mm)?
In my experience the crankshaft in the 49cc has some play and these engines are generally on the lower quality.

Back