Engage clutch, engine starts "bucking".

Hello all, new day with newly discovered issues. Regarding my clutch rebuild... Took apart, cleaned and reassembled clutch with new bearings. Used a press to install hub/bearing assembly and was good...for about two minutes. As I'm spinning the gear in my hand to check smoothness( and feeling pretty good about myself for doing a good job) I noticed a slight wobble that wasn't there a moment ago. Seems that the hub wants to shift at will, throwing the gear off wack. So the hub will not stay put after being pressed into place. Guessing that's what all the "pings" are on the face of the hub, someone's attempt to snug up the fit. I added a pic to show my point. So, anybody know who sells a good hub?
I considered centering the hub and "re pinging" to maybe tighten it up, but if it didn't work the first time why would I expect it to work for me?

Attachments

• hub pic.jpg
    hub pic.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 160
Hello all, new day with newly discovered issues. Regarding my clutch rebuild... Took apart, cleaned and reassembled clutch with new bearings. Used a press to install hub/bearing assembly and was good...for about two minutes. As I'm spinning the gear in my hand to check smoothness( and feeling pretty good about myself for doing a good job) I noticed a slight wobble that wasn't there a moment ago. Seems that the hub wants to shift at will, throwing the gear off wack. So the hub will not stay put after being pressed into place. Guessing that's what all the "pings" are on the face of the hub, someone's attempt to snug up the fit. I added a pic to show my point. So, anybody know who sells a good hub?
I considered centering the hub and "re pinging" to maybe tighten it up, but if it didn't work the first time why would I expect it to work for me?
If that's your clutch now, you better find some pads.

Has it been ridden awhile until it started acting up? New pads are cheap and easy to change.
No. MAYBE ten minutes of run time, most of that just tweaking the engine. That's when the "bucking" issue was discovered. Hence my joining this forum, seeking 2 stroke wisdom from the experience of folk smarter than I.

As you said Chainlube, pads are cheap and easy, much like the girls I used to date. Once I get the clutch assy. replaced I'll throw new pads in. Very disappointed in bikeberry, both for putting out shoddy products and for not responding to my requests. Thinking I'll be ordering the whole assy. from another dealer. While it's not cost prohibitive to do so, I feel it's on bikeberry to make it right and send me a functioning clutch assy.

I only ask because that looks like a used motor from the way that clutch is, pads should be proud of the backing plate and those look to be ground flush.

Back