Cylinder head

I think I'm gonna go with the first head suggested way up there^^^. It will need some polishing and plug threads chased allowing me to buy some more tools. Who doesn't want more tools?

Yep them are decent heads for the money. I run 1 of them heads. Like Chainlube said, they are close to a 6cc head. Mine was around 7cc time I did some clean up work on it. You can use contact adhesive & glue sand paper to the crown of your piston, to polish the squish band in your cylinder head when you get it. Then when the squish band is polished, most of the contact adhesive will peel off with the sand paper, when you remove sand paper from piston. What glue dont peel off with sand paper can be rubbed off the piston by your fingers.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep them are decent heads for the money. I run 1 of them heads. Like Chainlube said, they are close to a 6cc head. Mine was around 7cc time I did some clean up work on it. You can use contact adhesive & glue sand paper to the crown of your piston, to polish the squish band in your cylinder head when you get it. Then when the squish band is polished, most of the contact adhesive will peel off with the sand paper, when you remove sand paper from piston. What glue dont peel off with sand paper can be rubbed off the piston by your fingers.
Rubbing alcohol will take it off too and not leave anything.

What do you mean by contact adhesive?

What do you mean by contact adhesive?
There is many different brands, but you should be able to get this brand at most hardware or lumberyard type establishments. Its probably most economical & has many other uses. It's like rubber cement on steroids. 🤣😂🤣
20230113_224802.jpg

Ok. I didn't think that stuff would come off easily. I guess it doesn't stick to aluminum very well.
You can tape it on too, that's what I do. I cut a couple thin triangles in the sandpaper so it conforms to the piston and wrap the paper over the sides and tape it down. I use a previously run piston so no worries on damaging it. If you wanted to, you can just hold the paper to the sides and turn the head on top of the piston.

Back