Cheap Jackshaft

Axl Myk

Local time
12:52 AM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
$100 and change. Any good?
I'm sure you'll have to contact Sick Bike Parts for the White Industries freewheel upgrade. I'd contact the seller to make sure that all the sprockets and chainring are steel and not aluminum.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's not something I want or need. I ran across it when looking for a Ridgeyard engine kit.

$100 and change. Any good?
If you use cheap jack shaft kits, I highly recommend using a pull start kit as well. The paws are the weak link in them. the bearing gives you plenty

of time to figure out to replace, but the paws will freeze instantly when broken. If you aren't fast, you're going to hurt your legs when it fires up or

sticks.

If you use cheap jack shaft kits, I highly recommend using a pull start kit as well. The paws are the weak link in them. the bearing gives you plenty

of time to figure out to replace, but the paws will freeze instantly when broken. If you aren't fast, you're going to hurt your legs when it fires up or

sticks.
Mine has 6 pawls in the WI Trails freewheel. I believe the SBP HD WI freewheel has only uses 3 pawls but they're wider. WI specifically designed the freewheels for the SBP shift kits.

Mine has 6 pawls in the WI Trails freewheel. I believe the SBP HD WI freewheel has only uses 3 pawls but they're wider. WI specifically designed the freewheels for the SBP shift kits.
Yeah, those White Industries Freewheels SBP sells are strong - Made in USA

Shawn White - free style stunt bicycle rider, skateboarder, snowboarder
Shawn needed a strong freewheels for his stunts.

I have the whites hd and uhd, uhd is beefie for sure, hd will handle a mildly modded ( 5-6hp) engine easy enough. Uhd will handle more than I care to throw at a bike.

That's actually what I was talking about having the wider pawls, the UHD.
The HD has hardened paws and I think 6 of them instead of three, as you stated. The UHD has like 4-5x's the paw width but only three I think. It also

has the benefit of an extra bearing. I got thousands of miles off the HD before I wanted to test the UHD. For most guys on here, HD is more than

plenty. I beat the snot out of the bike I had it on. Dumping the clutch etc. Almost purely off road abuse. I ride it like a dirt bike, it is a 2 smoker lol.

HD had a bearing swap ( like 5 bucks if that for the bearing), good as new. When ever I get a chance I'm out beating my UHD now.

Back