Clutch Problem Phase Two. Very Short Video.

How does your drive gear/chain gear turn with the chain off of it?
It turns easily. I assume this is what I want. If I thought getting that clutch assembly in and out would be super simple I'd just go ahead and do it. Something tells me it can sometimes be a pain in the butt. And since my bike is aptly named Nightmare, I'm not looking to do anything I don't have to do.

Short video, but no real need to watch it if you don't want to.

Looks good to me, I personally would not pull the clutch shaft out. Looks like it spins like it is supposed to.

The clutch ring gear comes apart with a drift pin and lightly tapping it in the 3 holes. Light taps one hole after the other.
The ball bearings are 1/8" hardened steel. They come in packs of several hundred. I'll get the item # if you want it.
That ring gear will get surface rust on it.

As far as your flower nut pin/bolt not being center in clutch shaft, mines been that way since new, mind you I dont run a shift kit. Which shouldn't matter anyhow.

Yeah i think the reason that some are not centered is poor machining/manufacturing tolerances. Or it gets slightly bent from them tossing the new engines into a big pile as there being manufactured.

Yuckfoo you get your nightmare figured out? Or is it still fighting you?

They made a movie about it, just in time for Christmas...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Im only teasing here...lol.

It is the Nightmare Before Christmas! It was also the Nightmare Before Halloween, is the Nightmare Before Thanksgiving and will become the Nightmare after these Holidays as well. 🤣 Now that I think of it, it was the Nightmare before Arbor Day, Ground Hogs Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, ... Grandparents Day.....

But, I think she's just about ready to admit we are a team.

On another note: I ordered Moly-D grease. I live in PA, it came from Indiana, moved eastward to Kentucky, then went south to Florida for some dumb reason and is now delayed in Florida. So I guess I'll put the new clutch gears in with my subpar all purpose red grease then re-grease after the Moly gets here.

Back