Centrifugal Centrifugal clutch engaging speed/RPM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
andy, i see you've done your homework...so the short answer is "just buy a stock clutch kit and get your feet wet."

i'm glad to gab about what i directly know, and if nothing else i think i've expressed for you just how much a golden-eagle ring and belt can handle, see my site for "proof" :)

i'd get all 3 drive-gears if you can afford the experience...the 12 will be boring as heck on the road but it will climb, the 13's in the middle duh, & the 14 should give you a hearty 33-35mph on asphalt with that engine. if your love of the motorsport outlasts the $100 engine, you'll feel confident getting something more high-end...if you get that far, you'll not regret it. when you have an engine for a while, you get attached, yaknow?

have fun & keep us posted :cool:

Last edited:
Audidog

Thanks for your help, professional advice and encouragement.

I thing I swallowed the bug already, before I decide how many sprockets I get from GEBE would you tell me how hard it is to change one, how long it takes and what tools are required.

Do they ever have their kits and parts on sale?

On my future voyages and rides I will surely do some asfalt riding 10-20 miles to get to the mountains, and then back so highway gear would be helpful.

the kit w/o engine includes a clutch wrench & a 4-in-1 tool...that's all you need to change a gear & be back on the road in about 2 minutes.

never seen the stuff on sale. i do know that extra belts & gears during a kit purchase will usually save you on extra shipping.

btw: i'm a local-only gebe dealer but basically inactive, & i have no stake in any sales except my own. the only online sites i maintain is my ad-free journal, and the ad-free racing forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back