Cent. Clutch to torque converter?

Sean

Local time
6:40 AM
I'm thinking about switching from centrifugal&chain to a torque converter for my Phatmoto but all the kits look like the back shaft would be too short to line up with my back sprocket. Does anyone know of a kit that might work for my 80cc setup? It has 5/8 bore. Always great info here. Thanks.

You might have trouble with pedal clearance, but the biggest hurdle will likely be the PTO size. If its 3/4 of an inch it will fit just fine, 5/8 of an inch or metric and it will be harder. The 20 series cvts use a 5/8th shaft for the driver sheave but those are harder to find.

There is a guy on YouTube running a series 30 with a 179Cc LCT engine.
For that to work, he used 2X2 square stock as a mount and had to chew up the engine base to fit between the frame.

With a stock engine best option is to get the output shaft the correct length. There is a post somewhere that tells you were to source one and a 415 cog.

Eliminating the in-frame jack shaft is beneficial just because it's flexing the frame, and a CVT will make that engine pull much better from a dead stop as well has not burn up clutches

Back