Cent. Clutch to torque converter?

Sean

Local time
7:11 AM
I'm thinking about switching from centrifugal&chain to a torque converter for my Phatmoto but all the kits look like the back shaft would be too short to line up with my back sprocket. Does anyone know of a kit that might work for my 80cc setup? It has 5/8 bore. Always great info here. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230612_172258.jpg
    20230612_172258.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230612_172103.jpg
    20230612_172103.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 94
I couldn't find a torque converter with a longer output shaft, bit I think this could greatly help you with your alignment.

Remember there is always more than one solution for everything

I couldn't find a torque converter with a longer output shaft, bit I think this could greatly help you with your alignment.

Remember there is always more than one solution for everything

My mounting plate is welded to the frame so that won't work but I'm not having too many problems with alignment. Was just wondering if a torque converter would be smoother or worth it...

My mounting plate is welded to the frame so that won't work but I'm not having too many problems with alignment. Was just wondering if a torque converter would be smoother or worth it...
1) Are you a large person?
2) Do you have steep hills to contend with?

If you answered NO to both questions, then the answer is keep the clutch. If you answered YES to either or both questions, then install the CVT

That just a bolt on adjustable plate, it bolts to your existing mount and helps with chain alignment. A torque converter is worth it under the conditions sidewinder jerry stated, or if you want to have a better torque curve.

Back