Another Staton F/D

Fivestar, any pics of how you mounted that tank or description. How do you like that Zenoah 43cc motor? Is it more powerful than a 50cc four stroke?

Fivestar, any pics of how you mounted that tank or description. How do you like that Zenoah 43cc motor? Is it more powerful than a 50cc four stroke?
Sorry, I didn't take any pic's. Basically I made a 1/8 thick aluminum plate that would fit the three bolt mounting triangle that was on the GoPed tank and fab'd three standoff's and fastened the plate and tank to the right leg of the motor channel. As for the Zenoah, I like it very much. It's a high quality Japanese built motor, super reliable. As for power, I believe it has very close to the same H/P the Honda 50 has, (+- 2 H/)P) but it's a lot lighter. When I spoke to Staton before I bought the kit I was a bit concerned about the weight of the motor hanging off the side. He told me with that motor "You won't even know it's there" he was absolutely right!

Sorry, I didn't take any pic's. Basically I made a 1/8 thick aluminum plate that would fit the three bolt mounting triangle that was on the GoPed tank and fab'd three standoff's and fastened the plate and tank to the right leg of the motor channel. As for the Zenoah, I like it very much. It's a high quality Japanese built motor, super reliable. As for power, I believe it has very close to the same H/P the Honda 50 has, (+- 2 H/)P) but it's a lot lighter. When I spoke to Staton before I bought the kit I was a bit concerned about the weight of the motor hanging off the side. He told me with that motor "You won't even know it's there" he was absolutely right!
I got a side basket on my rear rack mount. I've had as much as 60 lbs in the basket. Once going you can't tell the left side is heavier.

As for power, I believe it has very close to the same H/P the Honda 50 has, (+- 2 H/)P) but it's a lot lighter. When I spoke to Staton before I bought the kit I was a bit concerned about the weight of the motor hanging off the side. He told me with that motor "You won't even know it's there" he was absolutely right!
I had one once ended up not running it and giving it to someone who probably never used it. I have a gx50 clone that I'd like to put on a goped gsr. The rollers are $989. Talk about expensive for what it is. 1.97 hp vs 2hp basically the same only 8.5 cc difference.

I had one once ended up not running it and giving it to someone who probably never used it. I have a gx50 clone that I'd like to put on a goped gsr. The rollers are $989. Talk about expensive for what it is. 1.97 hp vs 2hp basically the same only 8.5 cc difference.
You had a problem with a Zenoah? If I recall, didn't you post about a Chinese motor that wouldn't run?

You had a problem with a Zenoah? If I recall, didn't you post about a Chinese motor that wouldn't run?
No the zenoah was new never ran it. The 43cc runs but the idle screw doesn't work it won't lower the rpm which is weird. It might have a tiny screw on top of the throttle maybe that's it. Only other thing it could be is an air leak.

Back