Adding a gas tank

yes...that's the beauty of the diaphragm carby...but a 4-stroke won't be able to "pull" as high as a 2-stroke, so keep the system as level as possible. the setup on black-sunshine would work just fine with the EHO35.

Last edited:
Do you have any photos of your modification to the tank and lines that you can show me?

I use this method as well on my 40cc Tanaka.
Question:
If I use a non-vented cap on my R/S 4-stroke, can I plumb it wit the same method using the Auxiliary tank with vented cap ?

Any pics?

I installed a 4-liter Happy Time reserve tank to supplement my 1.5 liter goped tank. It has a petcock, inline fuel filter and line to feed the goped tank, which is mounted directly across my friction drive engine.

Since the new goped tank was leaking profusely from the fuel grommet, I patched that hole and moved the fuel and return lines onto the top.

Thennn, I drilled another hole atop to accept a 1/8 NPT 90-degree fitting and nipple. This connects to the reserve tank. I also installed a draincock on the g-tank.

When I open the Happy Time petcock, natural siphoning action fills the goped tank to the brim in minutes.

Now I can carry 186 ounces, which is almost 8 times the fuel supply on an engine tank, about one gallon, 3 pints and 10 ounces.

When I see my friend Hawaii Ed, I'll ask him to take pics of my bike "The Iron Dragon":geek:.

Do you have any photos of your modification to the tank and lines that you can show me?

http://motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20214&d=1249877604

The large grommet hole was covered with a plastic patch and JB WELD. This epoxy was specifically designated for gas tanks but not plastic. But it's holding.

What's not shown is a drainplug I mounted under the goped tank. I use it often to calculate gas mileage. I also drain the tank when I do repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.

Both tanks are working well for me. The JB WELD patch has never leaked, and the reserve tank fills the g-tank in a few minutes.

Back