70cc bogging down at full throttle?

i used a piece of black fiber gasket with permatex 1a...you goop that cereal box up with something like that and check the tightness once in a while and i bet you'll be all set.

glad it worked out for ya :)

air leak check

hay street that is an old mecks trick my Father taught me that a long time ago but he used Water Displacement #40 ....
Augie I really know what you mean about "personal" and as a famous American writer once said your real learning takes place when you get out of school (sorry for the paraphrase Mark).
Cookie

ALL THE GOOD STUFF!

You guys are a hoot! As I continue to read to learn how to get the engine to work I read some real funny stuff. The main thing is I am learning. I may have over read some. From all I've read about all I should do before ever starting the engine up the guarantee will be long past. If I had all the tools and if I knew my parts well enough I could get this done some bit faster. Just tring to pick out oil is a job. Not many shops selling the 2 cycle oil. I'm told not to use the outboard motor stuff. Is the "HD-30" a straight 30 motor oil?

Keep up the great info. I will keep reading.

My "70" just started bogging at full throttle. After checking mixture, etc. I pulled the carb apart and found a tiny piece of **** in my jet. Three minutes later...... VROOOOOM!!!! TJ

full throttle bog

i got a gt5 around 500 miles on it.its been ported and gasket matched.when it gets up to temp itll only take 3/4 throttle any more than that it just boggs,the c clip is on the middle notch .any ideas why its bogging?

First check the spark plug to see what color it is. The color will tell us how the air/ fuel mixture is set in the carburetor. Remove the spark plug from the cylinder head and look at the ceramic insulator around the center electrode where the spark occurs.
It should look chocolate brown. White or tan is too lean, not enough fuel. Black is rich, too much fuel.
Get back to us with the results and we can help you further.

Will not run at full throttle

I just installed a new 66cc china motor on a bike. I'm trying to dial in the carb settings. I've sealed all the possible air leaks, adjusted the cable every way I can think of,screwed the idle screw all ways possible,tried different gas oil ratios, and even ran it without the air cleaner, but still if I twist the throttle full it bogs down. It wants to run at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Whats happening? Its like its not getting enough fuel. Its a new motor does it just need to break in?

Oh geese... don"t be so thin skinned. Knucklehead is term of endearment. lol

I just installed a new 66cc china motor on a bike. I'm trying to dial in the carb settings. I've sealed all the possible air leaks, adjusted the cable every way I can think of,screwed the idle screw all ways possible,tried different gas oil ratios, and even ran it without the air cleaner, but still if I twist the throttle full it bogs down. It wants to run at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Whats happening? Its like its not getting enough fuel. Its a new motor does it just need to break in?

I hope you might find better answers here instead of the shop fourm.
When you say it bogs down are you sure that it is not 4 stroking. I noticed that you did not mention the choke. Have you checked it? You might also search the threads a bit....there are a few stories of loose parts in the carb and they have the symptoms you mentioned.

Back