$5 Home Depot headlight revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding not all girls are of that nature, and nor are happy time engines if you don't beat them too hard and take care to use the proper lube.. Speaking of arcane, I've heard they've improved some things..
Lol... Yeah, we also gotta not beat them Chinese girls... :p

I do not beat girls of any nation unless it is specifically requested... but that is neither here nor there... I am going to try my luck with the four stroke mills and see how well that works- I am also not going to loan them to my gorilla of a step-son anymore.

Still not dead yet! I am currently working on my '1912' Howard & Sons-just finished painting the gas tanks.

Enjoyed the read and instructions on this thread, thanks for the ideas.

My idea is to get a 4" version of this https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-3-in-PVC-DWV-All-Hub-Sanitary-Tee-C4811HD3/100345158
Modify it to have a removable plug on the top for battery access. Use front for the light and reflector, Plug the bottom. Paint it black and you have a retro carbide looking light with LED guts.

All sorts of reflectors are also available on eBay, so that you are not limited to the stock one from the flashlight. Adding a sheet metal hood to the light would also be a good touch. A 3" PVC connector would probably look better, but not accommodate a battery storage place.

Donor for less than $10
headlight-1.jpg

Take down...headlight-3.jpgheadlight-4.jpgheadlight-5.jpg… there is a red wire inside the knob- hook that to positive. The tin tripod is negative.

Brass bezel- made it myself. The process is stupid simple. OH!- I DID trim the diameter of the reflector and lens slightly to fit this operation. You will PLOTZ once you see the finished form!headlight-6.jpgheadlight-7.jpg

I was underwhelmed by my first attempt... so here we go again. Creating bezels takes precise, dedicated equipment... or you can do it with what you see here.
headlight-8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back