2 stroke motorized bike

sfritz97

Local time
10:05 AM
I took my shifters off because they weren't working and I took off the cable that goes towards the derailleur in the back but now I can't get the chain to stay where I set it which is on the 4th one on at the top when I pedal it goes down to the way bottom and someone told me that the chain is really dry and that could be why I'm having a hard time pedaling can someone please help thank you so much

I took my shifters off because they weren't working and I took off the cable that goes towards the derailleur in the back but now I can't get the chain to stay where I set it which is on the 4th one on at the top when I pedal it goes down to the way bottom and someone told me that the chain is really dry and that could be why I'm having a hard time pedaling can someone please help thank you so much
If there isn't a cable the derailleur will automatically go to first gear.

If there isn't a cable the derailleur will automatically go to first gear.
Oh ok I put the low limit screw half way and I'm pedaling a little bit better but someone told me the chain is too dry so what would I do as far as that? Also I tested it out and got it started but it wouldn't kick into gear ichecked the throttle cable and it was tight so I loosened it a little bit and tried again this time it almost kicked over but not quite what would I check to get this problem solved?

As far as the chain, lube it with some spray lubricant. Soak it if it's that dry.

Post a couple of pictures, someone might notice something obvious that's keeping you from starting.

Oil the chain, it can be spray lubricant, 2 cycle oil, 3 in 1, or even motor oil. I use a 50/50 blend of synthetic 2t oil and straight 30.

Post a couple of pictures, someone might notice something obvious that's keeping you from s
Oil the chain, it can be spray lubricant, 2 cycle oil, 3 in 1, or even motor oil. I use a 50/50 blend of synthetic 2t oil and straight 30.
Ok I will when I get home. Shoud i also do the drivechain?

You can manually adjust the resting position of your derailleur using an Allen screw or a flat or Phillips head screwdriver The cable keeps the tension on the desired gear if you are going to remove the cables you're going to have to manually adjust it as far in or out as you need it to get it onto the desired sprocket it may not be a perfect solution but it will get you closer to where you want to be you some WD-40 and get a paper towel with Molly or lithium grease and that will keep your chain well lubed and keep all the dirt and stuff out of the places you don't want it to be thicker grease will last longer

Back