Wolfpack CDI-Coil

My problem with Jaguars CDI is that i bought it from him and after the internals came un-soldered he tells me to go to JNM to complain. Well guess what, JNM didn't sell me the CDI. It's a shame they (JNM) claim how much more reliable the Jaguar Racing CDI is over the stock. Jag's works better but is not more reliable. I find myself torn. I can't repair mine for the life of me because my soldering skills suck. However my father in law builds computers, i think my solution is simple. I'll have him reman the current model and replicate a few more for back ups.

If you bought it from me then of course I will take care of it. What probably happened is that you complained to me expecting me to remember that I sold it to you, not knowing I am a kamakazi on a motorcycle and have destroyed my memory cells with 3 concussions. Email me directly and I will take care of the problem.

Yeah Ozi, why don't you disrespect the person who brought such a needed item to market by making the circuit schematics available for everyone? That's biting the hand that feeds you.

Why don't your vendors respect their customers by honoring warranty on your product?

message me with the details and I'll make sure the warranty is honored.
This is the warranty from the site:
WARRANTY - If the CDI or coil fails within 1 year of purchase then the failed part can be returned to JNMotors for a new replacement. The only thing that is not covered is if any of the four main wires breaks off inside the box due to vibration. That is not covered because securing the box and the wires strongly to the frame is your responsibility. If you can´t solder them back on then take it to a TV/radio repairman.

Buying the product, with the warranty in plain sight, means you are in agreement with it. So if one of the wires broke due to lack of securing the CDI and wires, then there is no room or legal basis for crying foul. If it just quit working, for no apparent reason, then you are due a replacement CDI.

Why don't your vendors respect their customers by honoring warranty on your product?

message me with the details and I'll make sure the warranty is honored.
This is the warranty from the site:
WARRANTY - If the CDI or coil fails within 1 year of purchase then the failed part can be returned to JNMotors for a new replacement. The only thing that is not covered is if any of the four main wires breaks off inside the box due to vibration. That is not covered because securing the box and the wires strongly to the frame is your responsibility. If you can´t solder them back on then take it to a TV/radio repairman.

Buying the product, with the warranty in plain sight, means you are in agreement with it. So if one of the wires broke due to lack of securing the CDI and wires, then there is no room or legal basis for crying foul. If it just quit working, for no apparent reason, then you are due a replacement CDI.

Jaguar,
Thanks and I will message you tomorrow. The wires are secured and are not broken so that is not it. There is a slight smell of burnt electronic in it and suspect a diode or resister died.

I simply don't understand the problem with paying $80 for a CDI and coil in one package that has a correct 2-stroke ignition curve built into the system, as well as giving 3 other ignition curve options.

The standard coil just hammers the heck out of the lower connecting rod bearing with detonation induced from the continuous advance curve, designed for a 4-stroke.

I would pay $150 for the Jaguar CDI if that's what it retailed for, just for the option of selectable advance curves and a decent ignition coil.

My preferred option is to know the exact schematic of the circuitry so i can design trim pots and an LED display into the system, allowing a visual graphic of the base ignition curve with adjustable low, mid and top being shown on the display as the trim pots modify the ignition curve.

I'd pay $200 for a CDI with graphic display and trim pots or any other suitable method for a digitally programmable ignition system.

Back