ZMN80 Rod longer than ZL40 rod ?

screw it. just gonna use 3 base gaskets and see what the motor does. not sure if the port timing will be better or worse in this situation. but we will see in about 2hours or so. maybe Ill get lucky and it will be a dragster

screw it. just gonna use 3 base gaskets and see what the motor does. not sure if the port timing will be better or worse in this situation. but we will see in about 2hours or so. maybe Ill get lucky and it will be a dragster
Maybe a thin aluminum spacer with gaskets wl help keep from multiple head gaskets.

Did you ever determine why, after installing the balanced crank, the piston travels furter up the bore? If the rod length and pin location are the same you must have a crank with a larger stroke. Compare rods by sliding the pin through both of them and look at the bearing surface. They should be side by side and not show a "step" between them.
If you also changed the piston, take your calipers and measure from the top edge of the piston to the top of the pin hole. They should be the same.

Did you ever determine why, after installing the balanced crank, the piston travels furter up the bore? If the rod length and pin location are the same you must have a crank with a larger stroke. Compare rods by sliding the pin through both of them and look at the bearing surface. They should be side by side and not show a "step" between them.
If you also changed the piston, take your calipers and measure from the top edge of the piston to the top of the pin hole. They should be the same.
Maybe jayreye will get around to disassembling his engine and comparing rods & pistons

I assumed he would have done this when he first discovered this anomaly. Hence the saying ignorance is bliss.
(Don't ever compare ignorance with stupidity. Ignorance is simply not knowing the facts. You can't fix stupidity.)

(Don't ever compare ignorance with stupidity. Ignorance is simply not knowing the facts. You can't fix stupidity.)
Damien should apply this when nagging me about spelling lol. Most of the time I don't know when I butcher spelling, and when I do know I did, I just can't figure out how to spell it.

Maybe jayreye will get around to disassembling his engine and comparing rods & pistons
pretty fedup with these cheap ass motors and the endless circuit of mix matched parts at this point. just gonna throw it in the junk draw. the quest for 50mph has now ended. Just gonna stop riding. gonna save up for a minarelli. power and reliability. So done with the cheap crap. A higher end bike like mine deserves a high end motor. see ya in a few months

pretty fedup with these cheap ass motors and the endless circuit of mix matched parts at this point. just gonna throw it in the junk draw. the quest for 50mph has now ended. Just gonna stop riding. gonna save up for a minarelli. power and reliability. So done with the cheap crap. A higher end bike like mine deserves a high end motor. see ya in a few months
Sad to see ya go for a while. I look forward to seeing your bike when ya get a good motor.

Back