Winter projects?

No photos on this post....just text. Tonight I had a little time so I started to whittle away at my remaining project list. As I started with the handlebar controls and gauges, I realized just how many things I had to figure out! I had to make some concessions, obviously. For example, I didn't put the right side grip shifter right up against the grip as is usually the case. Because my throttle is on that side, I chose to mount the brake in an easier to reach spot than the shifter. Certaintly stopping is more important that shifting gears was my reasoning. I also moved my new motorcycle-style switches further to the left than would be ideal. The only real important switch on there is the horn, which I seldomly use, but it's still very reachable. The other switches on there are for the kill switch and headlight, both of which shouldn't need to be accessed on an emergency basis. I also mounted my horn to the unused brake hanger on my new forks, and (at least temporarily) have my headlight zip-tied (using a 200 pound strength zip tie!) to the head tube. I'll see how this works out in practice and either go with it permanently or figure something else out. I also have my tach/hour meter mounted, sharing one of the stem bolts - I think that will be fine long term...but we'll see. I have the new grip shifters installed, but still have to got through and adjust the deraileurs. At least I'm making progress! When I'm more sure about everything, I'll post some photos....

Warner

Back