Wide crankset issues

He picked a bike from the trash and it never had any grease on the bearings. Of course it's going to self-destruct, basically steel on steel.

If anyone buys a used bike and feel like it isn't pedaling right, pull the BB apart and service it.
I got a similar situation now, I put the kit on that converts the BB to Euro and putin the 3 piece extension that came with the ebay kit, and it doesnt turn smooth, I already took it out again and regreased it and tried adjusting tightness but still not smooth, feels a bit rough... What a pain in the arse.

I got a similar situation now, I put the kit on that converts the BB to Euro and putin the 3 piece extension that came with the ebay kit, and it doesnt turn smooth, I already took it out again and regreased it and tried adjusting tightness but still not smooth, feels a bit rough... What a pain in the arse.
Did you clean out all the old grease and check the races for pits and/or gouges? Some BB have cups, and some are formed.

Did you clean out all the old grease and check the races for pits and/or gouges? Some BB have cups, and some are formed.
Was a brand new nel lusso, no old greese or dents inside the BB, idk what races are. I had to hammer tap out what I think u call a cup..

Glad to hear, so why did his caged ones get crushed to swiss cheese after a few miles before? That dude built like 5 4 stroke bikes on his channel.

What @Chainlube said

It's pretty obvious someone abused their bike, did ya notice those bearings were bone dry and rusty
The cage was destroyed, meaning someone kept riding the bike when the crank set needed adjusting and greasing
Besides, he found the bike in the trash the cage bearing was already destroyed

Was a brand new nel lusso, no old greese or dents inside the BB, idk what races are. I had to hammer tap out what I think u call a cup..
It takes stores (online stores too) some time to sell items. Grease in bearings can dry out from heat and sitting causing it to be a hard mess. Most of the time a factory will put barely enough grease to keep it from rusting.

It takes stores (online stores too) some time to sell items. Grease in bearings can dry out from heat and sitting causing it to be a hard mess. Most of the time a factory will put barely enough grease to keep it from rusting.
There was like no greese, and I whiped it clean , then regreased b4 putting it in, then opened it up and regreased again... Idk wtf to do next.

Do you have it too tight? Back it off a little and see if it frees up. Start with one side loose, slowly tighten the other side until you feel the bearings start to roll, then do the same on the other side. Play with this and see if you can get it to turn without binding or being too sloppy. If you can get an equal tension on both sides you should have it.

Back