Wide crankset issues

Nvm it’s really 8” but still I think that’s enough

You should try the lowrider cranks with the three inch arms unless you like riding with your feet way spread out like a gorilla. also the wide cranks can hit the concrete as you turn and wipe you out on the other hand the short cranks have really no downside other than pedal distance but you are not Lance Armstrong and you're not in the Tour de France pedaling should be only for starting and I find that pedaling really isn't that difficult compared to a regular crank set and with the short pedal arms

the early board track racers used long crank arms and they started becoming a problem until they realized that they don't pedal very much then most of them almost all of them switch to 3 to 3&1/2 inch crank arms
BoardTrack03a.jpg

Hmm interesting I guess this goes in place of the cups inside the beach cruiser frame to work with the extra wide crank set. I actually have that extra wide one. I would like to mess around and see how that works out. For now tho if my measurements are good I think imma just buy that single piece from cdhpower.

I have seen the us to eu conversion but never really knew what it was for. Guess it makes more sense now
I have seen the three piece wide set that comes with the large cups, don't remember where. Just happens I got the set that has the small cups and needed the adapter to work on my frame.

The more modern bottom bracket hardware is all sealed bearings. This kit is old school caged balls, not very smooth but I'm not concerned as I only peddle for the look of it anyway.

A good thing about this set up is the cheapo sprocket can be moved to help with alignment. There is a flat cut into the crank rod that a tapered pin tightens the sloppy sprocket to the crank rod and takes up the slack. I cut the flat longer so I could move the sprocket closer to the frame, better but not good enough to have a single speed free wheel. Had to get a 6 speed freewheel to make it work.

I saw a dude on YT say its best to glue in the individual ball bearings and then seal them in, anyone ever done this?
Also does Huffy Cranbrook have American or Euro bottom?

I saw a dude on YT say its best to glue in the individual ball bearings and then seal them in, anyone ever done this?
I've never heard of any one gluing the balls in. Some have removed the cage and filled the cup with individual balls. I believe individual balls was an old school way to do it. The caged balls were a newer upgrade.

Maybe the glue you mentioned was grease as in glue them in with grease?

I've never heard of any one gluing the balls in. Some have removed the cage and filled the cup with individual balls. I believe individual balls was an old school way to do it. The caged balls were a newer upgrade.

I believe that's what the idea is. A glob of grease then sticking the balls in it.

He says it here, glue to hold them in and "Dot of glue takes the place of the cage, and disintegrates." Also what is that cheetah bike full name, I like the rear shock.

The hard way and the wrong way, What a Goof
What a waste of time and superglue

Since ball bearings were invented grease has been used to stick em in place upon assemble

It's best to buy new caged bearings anyway

Caged bearings are an upgrade from loose bearings
Caged bearings minimize wear, not as noisy, extend maintenance intervals and are easier to install.

The hard way and the wrong way, What a Goof
What a waist of time and superglue

Since ball bearings were invented grease has been used to stick em in place upon assemble

It's best to buy new caged bearings anyway

Caged bearings are an upgrade from loose bearings
Caged bearings minimize wear, not as noisy, extent maintenance intervals and are easier to install
Glad to hear, so why did his caged ones get crushed to swiss cheese after a few miles before? That dude built like 5 4 stroke bikes on his channel.

Glad to hear, so why did his caged ones get crushed to swiss cheese after a few miles before? That dude built like 5 4 stroke bikes on his channel.
He picked a bike from the trash and it never had any grease on the bearings. Of course it's going to self-destruct, basically steel on steel.

If anyone buys a used bike and feel like it isn't pedaling right, pull the BB apart and service it.

Back