White wire succses story!!!!

Wrong, I have had 45 years of "hands on experience",from High Voltage Engineering to chip design,but I also used my brain, and I am happy to say never in your repair shop.You were simply dead wrong about the frequencies involved in this charge circuit. It is not a question about 'rigidity' it's about the TRUTH or rather your lack of respect for it .You are now trying to weazelword yourself out of your predicament by having the gall to lecture me about my presumed ignorance concerning voltage spikes etc.For your information, contrary to what you seem to think this coil is not a MAGNETO, at least attempt to get your facts straight,it supplies power to a CDI ignition.As I recall from my fixing the high voltage generator in a TV set,(a hands on experience) the horizontal flyback runs at 13750Hz or thereabouts, a far,far cry from the 100 Hz or so we are dealing with here.I would like to reciprocate in informing you would probably not have lasted long either, as one of my technicians.I don't get along with people that are not prepared to own up to their mistakes,nobody is perfect, but you own up to them and say OK, I made a mistake,I stand corrected and carry on from there, learned a lesson.

indeed. MSP, would be useful not to come into a thread, touting your 'knowledge' about, then create a circuit that is less efficient than the one we had already, completely screw up simple, SIMPLE math and then start talking smack about 'my shop' etc. You have contributed nothing useful to these threads and your ego has been nothing short of pathetic. Get off your high horse, for gods sake.

Last edited:
WOW, can't believe it.

can we just get mbs to put down his shovel ( as he keeps diggin himself into a deeper hole) and others' in turn will put down their torches and pitchforks...

This is about how we can go forward with a schematic to be able to use our engines in such a way to power lights ect: :)

So... was anyone able to test out Murray's schematic and see if it works? and what do you do to stopp the battery from over charging?

There is no Murray schematic extant,he was just hot air.There is a schematic in the thread started by etacovda titled 'solid HT white wire data'.In which I posted a schematic for a WW charging circuit in an exchange with 'Impression'. It included a overcharge circuit indicating that the battery voltage becomes excessive so that corrective action can be taken.There are automatic circuits that do this,but I deemed them too hard to build by people with little or no experience in electronics,

why not use an appropriate transistor to divert power to ground once its over a threshold?

Yes that should work,I seem to remember I also suggested simplified,but less capable circuits for less ambitious folks.If you elect to use the peak-to-peak rectifier circuit get decent, that is low ESR ( eqvt. series resistance) caps for C1&C2, 330-470 MF, 35 V rating or more,cheapy ones might get fried&croak.The overcharge indicator ct. is worth, having but not essential.I designed&built a sophisticated automatic version using an OP amp & zener reference,quite slick but not exactly simple to build for beginners.

I've got the white wire to power my headlamp.

Single 6V/3W bulb
plugs gapped 0.025"

and it works really well!!!!:D

pics to come.

BSA

Ive done the same thing with my bike. I got both my front and rear lights running off the white wire and both are 12v. The rear light is quite bright, but the front is quite dime, even at high RPM. Ive used a multimeter to check the voltage and got 5.2v at idle, and gave her a quick revv and it bounced to about 8.2v. Im thinking of putting a 6v light up front, but would it last with 8.2v+? Also whats the purpose of the white wire? I accidently disconnected it while the bike was running and it had no effect to the engine, just killed the lights :whistle: Ill post pics soon.

Ive done the same thing with my bike. I got both my front and rear lights running off the white wire and both are 12v. The rear light is quite bright, but the front is quite dime, even at high RPM. Ive used a multimeter to check the voltage and got 5.2v at idle, and gave her a quick revv and it bounced to about 8.2v. Im thinking of putting a 6v light up front, but would it last with 8.2v+? Also whats the purpose of the white wire? I accidently disconnected it while the bike was running and it had no effect to the engine, just killed the lights :whistle: Ill post pics soon.

I would say that a 6 volt bulb would last long as long as it's 3 watts. If the wattage is lower the magneto voltage will be higher. Although i cannot say for certain as each engine is different.

BSA

Back