Which is better to use

Ok thanks and I'm thinking about using my CDH67 exhaust on the avenger, maybe cut the end of the stock avenger exhaust and then cut the end of the CDH67 and weld that to the avenger exhaust. What do you think?

Ok thanks and I'm thinking about using my CDH67 exhaust on the avenger, maybe cut the end of the stock avenger exhaust and then cut the end of the CDH67 and weld that to the avenger exhaust. What do you think?
Yea, that! Do it! Do you have a picture of the two side by side? I only ask because I've made a few custom exhaust systems and can let you know what part is going to give you an issue.

This is all I have for now until I get home

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240326-135418.png
    Screenshot_20240326-135418.png
    853.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240326-135313.png
    Screenshot_20240326-135313.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 21
That bike has the wc80 but I have a Kent bayside I'm building for the avenger. I'd really like to use the CDH67 exhaust with the avenger. I have a friend that welds and hopefully he does it right

Do internal diameters match? And what method of welding? Mig and stick will blow right through or be too low to get sufficient fusion between the filler and the workpiece.

If he's willing to weld it for a fair price, and he can work sufficiently thin metal why not go for a tuned pipe? There are calculators for building a tuned pipe. That way you can get the ideal pipe for your particular use.

I run a jog pipe on my engine.
When I cut it at the header/mid-section joint to refab for my bike I found a 3/4” nipple inside.
The nipple allowed the welder an over lap…, so more metal to join the 2 sections.

This is not a factory restrictor in the pipe to limit it…it was way too deep.
Shops selling restricted chambers will remove the restrictors in the USA upon request..and of course a small $25-$35 fee.

I put another nipple back in when I re-welded it together because I’m a green rookie welder. It made it much easier than a butt joint.

Performance… I’m sure there’s a bit of restriction but I sure don’t notice it. No dyno runs for me and the engine screams in spite of it.

I saved the cut out because I was a bit surprised upon finding it.
A pic of the cut out piece below..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 19
When I cut it at the header/mid-section joint to refab for my bike I found a 3/4” nipple inside.
The nipple allowed the welder an over lap…, so more metal to join the 2 sections.

This is not a factor restrictor in the pipe to limit it…it was way too deep.
Shops selling restricted chambers will remove the restrictors in the USA upon request..and of course a small $25-$35 fee.

I put another nipple back in when I re-welded it together because I’m a green rookie welder. It made it much easier than a butt joint.

Performance… I’m sure there’s a bit of restriction but I sure don’t notice it. No dyno runs for me and the engine screams in spite of it.

Yea yea, I've found those too. I've even had to use two pipes in side to get the header to the right size of the expansion chamber.

This is not a factory restrictor in the pipe to limit it…it was way too deep.

Can you post a picture of the CDH67 pipe on your bike please

Back