Which is better to use

Before I put them together I take a large single cut flat file and file the mating surfaces flat. It is easy to see when you have removed the pits and grooves. The sandpaper method works great too but not as defined as the file method. Adds up to the same end result, flat mating surfaces

I need to use something for the reed valve and intake to seal it better. Which is better?
I have tried Copper it doesn't hold up. Especially on a reed valve. The Fuel Resistant Grey is what I use. Zero Leaks Zero Issues. I also used to seal the bottom of my cylinder to the crankcase. My best solution for the exhuast thus far is Right Stuff Red 90 minute.

If you use the permashield, you need a gasket.
Permashield is a gasket dressing. It has a very thin consistency.

Permatex Motoseal can be used with or without a gasket. It’s fuel resistant.

Attachments

• IMG_6119.png
    IMG_6119.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 27
If you use the permashield, you need a gasket.
Permashield is a gasket dressing. It has a very thin consistency.

Permatex Motoseal can be used with or without a gasket. It’s fuel resistant.
This is what I use. Even with gaskets. Just keep in mind paper gaskets will need to be replaced if you ever have to.

Personally i suggest that you drill and retap the reed valve to use 6mm hardware. That's what I did.

I was trying to find some helper springs or stopper plates for the G2 but no luck. Build break fix has a video on that. I could probably get some off a different reed though

I was trying to find some helper springs or stopper plates for the G2 but no luck. Build break fix has a video on that. I could probably get some off a different reed though
I had some helper springs and the limiter plates from a 2 stroke moped i had and im currently using the springs but just FYI the stopper plates WILL CRACK THE G2 REED CAGE.
I lost 2 before I ditched the stopper plates. But the helper springs work great

Back