Which is better to use

sherron82

Local time
5:16 AM
I need to use something for the reed valve and intake to seal it better. Which is better?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130-115056.png
    Screenshot_20240130-115056.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240130-115046.png
    Screenshot_20240130-115046.png
    254 KB · Views: 41
I need to use something for the reed valve and intake to seal it better. Which is better?
Lets see now...Hmmm...Only one says it is fuel resistant so my guess would be that if fuel goes into the reed valve and then goes into the fuel intake port, then I would have to guess that it IS the fuel resistant one that you would want to use...lol...lol.

Since your going to use gasket maker, take the cylinder off and sand the mounting surfaces on the reed block and cylinder on a flat surface with 200 grit sandpaper to ensure the gasket maker seals well. Rinse the cylinder and reed block well with hot water and wipe dry with a lint free shop towel. Apply the gasket maker, tighten the reed block to the cylinder and wipe off excess inside the intake so none goes in your engine.

Talking the cyl off isn't necessary to sand the intake port sealing surface
Just use a straight edge with sand paper on it to lightly sand the surface
Stick a rag in the intake to prevent any sanding dust from going inside

Yea that's probably a better way but I'm pretty meticulous about it and I like to take stuff off and give it a good clean while I'm at it. Either way will work just as well. Just make sure you get ALL that fine metal out before you continue on your build, don't wont that stuff in your engine. If you do decide to take the cylinder off, while your at it take some gas and swish it around in the bottom end. Dump the gas out in an old can. This will remove most of the flakes of metal left over from manufacturing. Since this is a new build I recommend cleaning it up anyways (y)

Back