Where do you ride? (road, side of road etc.)

True, Big Red. I give a nice all-five-fingers wave to people who pass in the whole other lane. I do nothing to the rude people, because there isn't much you can do.

I like riding on one country highway here that has a wide, well-marked shoulder (almost wide as a lane!). It is pretty good for biking bc. there are few intersections and no lights for almost 20 miles, and usually not too much glass between the liquor store and town.

I saw a mailbox that was obviously run over by a car or truck though. The post was knocked over flat and scraped up, and the box was crumpled and mashed, laying a short distance away. Probably someone stopped or slowed to turn, and impatient driver roared around on the shoulder to pass, mashing the box. Nowhere is safe!

It might be "mail box baseball".

That'd be a homerun.

Rubber side down

True, Big Red. I give a nice all-five-fingers wave to people who pass in the whole other lane. I do nothing to the rude people, because there isn't much you can do.

I like riding on one country highway here that has a wide, well-marked shoulder (almost wide as a lane!). It is pretty good for biking bc. there are few intersections and no lights for almost 20 miles, and usually not too much glass between the liquor store and town.

I saw a mailbox that was obviously run over by a car or truck though. The post was knocked over flat and scraped up, and the box was crumpled and mashed, laying a short distance away. Probably someone stopped or slowed to turn, and impatient driver roared around on the shoulder to pass, mashing the box. Nowhere is safe!
WOW happy, That was a GREAT wipe out. Ya laid it down real nice. Wish all my wipe outs were that pretty. What was that, gravel? Hope ya didn't hurt the bike too much. You will heal, it cost money to fix the bike. Didn't anyone ever tell ya, RUBBER SIDE DOWN at all times.
Anyway bro, looks like great country to cruise in. I'm always dealing with city traffic so I'm kinda jealouse.
Big Red

5-7, I remember a guy in high school who got into drinking a lot after graduation. He did Mailbox Baseball a few times and got caught when he babe-ruthed his own mailbox, and his dad kicked his butt.

Big Red, if you are talking about the video in my signature, it was a case of knobbie tires hitting a patch of oil at the intersection. Been there a million times, just forgot about that, should have babied it through the turn and been just fine. The road bacon has healed. I have no hair there. It's weird.

Back