suspected cdi failure

andrewsandlin

Local time
3:58 AM
i recently have had some issues with my 142f huasheng. to sum up what happaned, while out for my normal ride going the same way i always do i noticed a sound that was different from usual. my area has some very short hills but hills nevertheless. i pulled out onto a street that has a 4 way stop very soon. this street has a very small incline. while pulling out i heard a sound similar to the sound of a soft seize about to happen. kind of a bog. i got to the 4 way and then proceeded to go through the intersection where the bike started to cut out horribly. i limped it about a mile back home. took it off and looked at my flywheel assembly. it was dirty so i cleaned it with sand paper. both the flywheel and the coil. its defintily better but now it seems like my coil is toast. i tested resistence and on the secondary it was too low. i ordered an amazon one stating it was combatible with a honda gxh50. i put it on the bog got exponentially worse. so bad it made the original coil look great. now after seeing listing and other things ive noticed one problem.

my coil is a very unique shape. it does not have rounded edges. its totally flat on both sides. ive ordered from gasbikes but there listing is the same as any other. round. i really hope this shape does not affect compatibility because if it does itll mean $$$ for the honda swap flywheel/coil. can someone please tell me if size and shape matter

Could you post a picture of what you're talking about? There are also other options to try. You could pull the spark plug and check to see if it is fouled
I don’t think a picture is going to help. I’ve done everything to eliminate any other possible issues. Cleaned flywheel/coil, cleaned carburetor, replaced spark plug, replaced fuel filter, changed petcock screen, checked gear box, looked at cylinder bore and it looks great. I have done basically everything to insure it’s gotta be the coil.

Ig my main question is does size and shape matter or internally are they all the same

i ordered an amazon one stating it was combatible with a honda gxh50. i put it on the bog got exponentially worse.
I bought a genuine honda gxh50 flywheel and you need a matching honda coil. I would go oem for both parts. It also gets rid of the huasheng rpm limiter meaning 9k is possible. The only problem is you risk breaking a rod.

I bought a genuine honda gxh50 flywheel and you need a matching honda coil. I would go oem for both parts. It also gets rid of the huasheng rpm limiter meaning 9k is possible. The only problem is you risk breaking a rod.
Did you place both flywheels side by side for a comparison? Make sure the magnets line up. If so, you won't need the coil.

A Honda gx50 cdi will not work on a 142f. This was pre EPA 142f. Correct me on the EPA models if so. The timing on the pickup is different.

Back